When it comes to projection mapping, projectors are no less than saviours compared to office and business presentations.
Projection mapping brings 3D content to life by projecting images onto a surface, usually a wall or screen. But not all projectors available in the market are equally suitable for this purpose.
The best Projector for projection mapping will come with high resolution and is capable of rendering the highest quality images. However, those attributes may not be enough to end your quest for the actual “best.”
You might also need to consider lamp life, contrast ratio, throw distance, brightness, and so on. If you’re still confused with all these terms, you can relax as we’ve done the job for you.
We have incorporated a well-judged analysis of each factor with users’ feedback to select some of the best projectors perfect for your projection mapping.
Best Projectors For Projection Mapping Comparison Table
|BenQ HT2050a 1080p Home Theater Projector
|ViewSonic PX706HD 1080p Short Throw Projector
|Optoma EH412ST Short Throw 1080P HDR Projector
|Epson Home Cinema 1060 Full HD 1080p Projector
|BenQ TH671ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
|Optoma EH412 1080P HDR DLP Projector
|BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector
|ViewSonic PRO8800WUL HDMI Lens Shift Projector
|Panasonic PT-VMW50U 5000-Lumen LCD Projector
|ViewSonic PJD5353LS HDMI Short Throw Projector
10 Best Projectors For Projection Mapping Reviews
Every product on our list has undergone several tests to determine its potential strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, we’ve incorporated user feedback to make our review unbiased.
BenQ HT2050a 1080p Home Theater Projector
- SUPERIOR PICTURE QUALITY: 1080p Projector with brightness of 2,200 Lumens, high native contrast ratio and 96% Rec. 709 color accuracy calibration.
- HIGH RESPONSIVENESS: The specialized low input lag of 16ms and unique game modes ensure gamers an ultra-smooth gaming experience.
- WOW YOUR FRIENDS: Take the action to the big screen by projecting a 100 inch screen from just 8 feet away. Projects up to 300 inches.
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Supports most media players, gaming consoles, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with input options such as HDMI, USB, and more
- AWARD WINNING PROJECTOR: Highly Rated - Projector Central, Best Projector for the Money - CNET
Hunting for a simple, portable mini projector in the budget segment means you should be prepared to encounter a virtual stampede of clones. Sizes, designs, and button layouts are very similar among different brands and models. However, there is something different about the BenQ HT2050A, which runs on a DLP light source.
Even though it has a comparable cost, it’s bigger than most of the competition and has a more aesthetically pleasing design, and its native applications leave its opponents behind. So, it’s better suited as a home theatre projector.
Although it might lack some of the similarities found in its nearby competitors, it’s still more appealing than many of those units.
Its end-stage pixel retention and high-performance contrast ratio create vivid picture quality in sharp HD resolution. The high-speed RGBRGB colour wheel creates robust colours and deep blacks through cinema-quality DLP projection.
Besides, its translucent container architecture enables this Projector to offer a limited number of vertical lens shifts, even when the lens is placed at a very minimum elevation. Although the vertical range is just 10%, even a few inches of adjustment could be useful.
Pairing it with the 1.3x zoom range, this BenQ projector offers enough adjustability so you can adjust the screen placement without moving the Projector itself.
This unit is powered by a minimal case measuring 15x11x5 inches that hosts an array of connections, including HDMI and USB.
The Projector’s maximum lamp life is 7,000 hours when used for approximately one hour each day in Smart Eco mode, but this drops in Normal or other modes.
- Features both horizontal and vertical keystone correction
- Robust audio output ensures the better sound quality
- Longer 3x zoom range
- Moderate size and lightweight design, only 7.3 pounds
- Included Wireless FHD kit for uncompressed streaming
ViewSonic PX706HD 1080p Short Throw Projector
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like experience in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive Color technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- SHORT THROW: With a short throw lens, this projector can be placed just inches away from a wall or screen to give you a huge image
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY and Gaming Mode: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Eco Mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
Looking for a projector that can project crisp and high-definition images without being placed close to the screen? Look no further than the ViewSonic PX706HD Projector!
ViewSonic PX706HD is not simply your typical modest-throw Projector. Instead, it is an expertly developed device that’s particularly efficient for gaming, projection mapping, and casual entertainment purposes. The light source is a powerful bulb that is rated at 3000 lumens of brightness.
ViewSonic has extensively integrated this unit with modern features, so it can readily fulfil all your entertainment needs without requiring too much of your budget.
Don’t have enough space to set up a projector in your home or workplace? Then getting this Projector will solve your problem, as it is capable of projecting a 100-inch image from merely 1.5 meters away.
With a throw ratio of 0.69 to 0.83, this Projector provides an expanded view of each image in small spaces. The PX706HD’s 3,000 lumens brightness rating makes it sufficiently bright for most light conditions.
In addition, its portable construction makes it easy to borrow a few times for personal gaming with other friends or take far away for a 3D mapping projection.
Despite its good throw projection, it struggles to capture a wide projection range, and the maximum size to pick from is between 60 inches and 120 inches.
However, if you require a big visual playing field, we believe this size provides a relatively wide panorama for good synchronization.
- Splendid 22000:1 Contrast Ratio for better visualization in dark
- SuperColor technology ensures an incredible colour grade
- Features 16ms low input lag for smooth videos
- Includes USB Type C and B, HDMI, D-Sub, composite, and audio-out ports
- 15000 hours of lifespan
- SonicExpert technology and 5-watt speaker for an immersive experience
Optoma EH412ST Short Throw 1080P HDR Projector
- Short throw lens: experience a large 120" Image projected from 4. 5 feet away, at throw ratio 0. 5: 1; short throw Projectors allow placement closer to the screen making it ideal for more smaller spaces and easier installation
- High brightness: enjoy 4, 000 lumens of brightness in well-lit meeting rooms, conference rooms, training rooms, classrooms and more
- 4K HDR input: enjoy vibrant colors, Brighter whites, deeper black levels and sharper images when paired with the latest 4K HDR video sources or 1080P hdr gaming contents
- Vivid color: 50, 000: 1 contrast and the serge color profile enables rich accurate color, based on the primaries of rec. 709 HDTV specification when used with a PC, Mac, or any serge compatible source
- EXTENSIVE CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS: The EH412ST features an array of connectivity options including 2 x HDMI, VGA in and out, audio-in and out, RS232, and USB-A
It is not easy to find a projector that produces higher-quality visuals with powerful audio. Many models focus on picture quality improvement, leaving consumers in charge of sound quality.
However, models with built-in features, such as the Optoma EH412ST, focus on both visualization and sound.
The Optoma EH412ST projector is perfect for small or medium-sized businesses or single people who need a reliable projector for projection mapping on the house as well as for presentations, gaming, and other activities.
If it seems that you require a projector for interactive projection right out of the box and simple to set up, keep this one with you and use it wherever you need it.
Whether you use it for watching video content at home or for formal demonstration at professional meetings, the capable bulb light source offers a 4,000 lumens brightness rating, which ensures the pictures are always vivid and vibrant.
Moreover, its 1080p resolution produces high-definition images. Moreover, the 50,000:1 contrast ratio provides a balanced view for deep blacks and intense whites specifically. For clearer audio, the Projector comes with a 10-watt built-in speaker.
With crisp, clear audio from any spot in the room, you can easily have the party you want. It has the wattage to handle loud volumes without appreciable distortion.
- 4000 lumens of brightness for increased visibility in any condition
- Multiple connectivity options include 2 x HDMI, VGA in and out, and others.
- 10-watt built-in speaker for superior sound quality
- Up to 15,000 hours of lifespan
- Weighs only 8 pounds and supports 1080P Full 3D
Epson Home Cinema 1060 Full HD 1080p Projector
- Widescreen Full HD 1080p entertainment up to 300 inches life sized images upto 25x larger than a 60 inches flat panel, on virtually any blank wall or screen
- Bright ideal for a variety of lighting conditions, the projector has 3,100 Lumens of color/white brightness (2)
- Versatile connectivity 2x HDMI ports (1x MHL) to Connect your cable/satellite box, Blu ray Disc player, gaming console or streaming device
- Innovative 3LCD technology amazing action scenes with no rainbow effect
- Operating Distance - 19.0 feet (6.0 meter)
Introducing another budget champion to our list- the Epson HC 1060 Projector. If you need a cheap projector for projection mapping, you have found it!
Yes, there are other projectors that offer almost similar specs at double their price, but it doesn’t mean they are necessarily better when comparing picture quality.
The Epson 1060 boasts a full HD 1080p resolution, which was practically unheard of for a projector this size. With a projection size going up to 300 inches, it creates a massive picture that offers a great home theatre experience.
With more than 2 million pixels, this Projector allows you to zoom in on multiple occasions with no pixels that disrupt the seamless appearance of the image.
This Projector comes with a 3LCD light source, and its 3,100 lumens of brightness rating allows it to make the visual detail appear more hyper-realistic. The brightness of this Projector is one of the highest on the market at this price range.
Thanks to the standard keystone, focus, and zoom adjuster options available on this Projector, you get many great personalization choices. The built-in speaker of this Projector is designed to produce an exceptionally clear sound.
- Built-in WiFi for better connectivity
- 3-LCD light engine to prevent the rainbow effect
- 4-corner correction with both horizontal and vertical keystone
- Able to read files from a USB flash drive
- 2-watt speaker with robust mono audio
BenQ TH671ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
- UNPARALLELED PICTURE QUALITY: With Native Full HD 1080p Resolution, 92% Rec. 709 Color Accuracy, 3000 Lumens and high native contrast ratio for the ultimate immersive cinematic and gaming experience.
- GEARED TOWARDS GAMING: Ultra-fast low input lag and a refresh rate that matches the max output of Xbox One X & PS4 Pro ensure ultra-smooth gaming experiences without motion blur to keep you on the top of your game.
- WOW YOUR FRIENDS: Take the action to the big screen by projecting a 100 inch screen from just 5 feet away. Projects up to 300 inches.
- AWARD WINNING PROJECTOR: Best Projector for Gaming - High Ground Gaming 2019
- INDUSTRY-LEADING : 3-year limited parts and labor coverage makes you rest easy that our US-based customer service team is here when you need it.
In the market of modern projectors, BenQ is one of the most dominating companies. Since its inception, BenQ has won the heart of numerous users all around the world with its high-quality and advanced projectors.
And here, we can’t resist adding another model to our top-rated list from this brand. This time we have the BenQ TH671ST 1080P short-throw projector for projection mapping.
If you’re seeking a home theatre system or something for projection mapping at home or even for gaming, this works great for all purposes.
With a sharp 1080p resolution and 3000 lumens of brightness from its metal halide bulb, the images are quite clear and bright. Whilst the colour is also vibrant, producing an excellent picture for any sort of display.
The short-throw lens is offset slightly and surrounded by a circular lens trim ring that is composed of an attractive red colouring.
However, the lens’ front end is a bit more rounded than usual. This makes it easier for the Projector to picture square images that are larger in size at arm’s length.
At the upper portion of the zoom ring, the throw ratio is given a favourable change, going from .69 to .83. Moreover, you can expect the best gaming experience from this Projector, thanks to its low 16.4-ms input latency.
This gives the gamer no delay whatsoever in identifying objects and acting appropriately. It results in a better gaming experience, less lag, and more accurate activity recognition.
Another thing we like about this Projector is how strong it is. We have never heard of any breakdown of that model, and it is built to be sturdy.
Its impeccable lamp life is also unlike any other projector that we’ve seen in this range. At full power, it’ll run 4000 hours. That’s crazy impressive, right? All of this makes for an excellent machine that you can use as a projector for house mapping.
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio for better visibility of dark scenes
- USB-A port to power up HDMI streaming stick
- 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness rating
- Full 1080p 3D projection
- Comes with two HDMI ports
Optoma EH412 1080P HDR DLP Projector
- High brightness: enjoy an incredible 4, 500 lumens of brightness in well lit meeting rooms, conference rooms, training rooms, classrooms and more
- 4K HDR input: enjoy vibrant colors, Brighter whites, deeper black levels and sharper images when paired with the latest 4K HDR video sources or 1080P hdr gaming contents
- Vivid color: 50, 000: 1 contrast and the sRGB color profile enables rich accurate color, based on the primaries of rec. 709 HDTV specification when used with a PC, Mac, or any sRGB compatible source
- Easy image set-up: a 1. 3x zoom enables flexible placement in any environment, at throw ratio 1. 2-1. 47: 1. Vertical keystone correction plus/- 40 degrees allows the EH412 to be off-center without having to elevate it to project the image onto the screen, resulting in an easy, more flexible image set-up;
- Extensive connectivity options: The EH412 features an array of connectivity options including 2x HDMI, VGA in & out, audio-in & out, RS232, and USB-A
Introducing another top-class 3D video mapping projector to you. The Optoma EH412, a 3D projection mapping projector, is the perfect solution for businesses and classrooms that need a high-quality projection system.
The Optoma EH412 is ultra-bright with an extraordinarily long-lasting lamp life; the DLP lamp light source has an incredible brightness rating of 4500 lumens!
With a lamp life of 15,000 hours, you can get more viewing time for less money-approximately 5 hours per day window of 8 years.
This Projector can be scheduled to be left on, or it can be used independently. There are three different power settings, and each gives you a significantly altered image without the need for adjustments.
Dynamic mode detects real-time lighting conditions to produce images that are favourable for the environment. Cinema mode at its default settings gives exceptional results for presentations.
It renders vibrant colours for graphical presentation and neutral-coloured images that are photorealistic.
- 50,000:1 contrast ratio with an incredible 4,500 lumens brightness rating
- REC.709 and sRGB colour profile ensures accurate colour
- 15,000 hours of lamp life, 5 hours per day for 8 years
- Digital Light Processing ensures a faster response
- Built-in speakers and RS-232 Control
BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector
- 1080P RESOLUTION: 1080p Full HD image quality with 3500 ANSI lumen & 10, 000: 1 contrast ratio for ultimate gaming experiences in well-lit environment
- LOW LATENCY FOR GAMING: 16ms low input lag and microsecond DMD fast response ensure ultra-smooth gaming experiences. Power Supply - VAC 100 ~ 240 (50/60Hz). Typical Power Consumption - Max 340W, Normal 297W, Eco 206W. Standby Power Consumption - 0. 5W Max. at 100 ~ 240VAC
- TAKING VIDEO GAMES TO THE BIG SCREEN: The short throw projection produces big 100" Images from just 3 meters for total gaming immersion
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER: Clear loud built-in 10-watt speaker come up huge for games, Movies, and TV for every party occasion
- INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY: BenQ's 3-year warranty vs. top competitor's 1-year warranty provides a greater peace of mind with coverage that makes you rest easy that our US-based customer service team is here when you need it.
The BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector is perfect for anyone who wants an affordable, high-quality projector that can be used to watch movies and TV shows, as well as for projection mapping in your home.
This Projector has an intuitive user interface and features a fast response time, making it suitable for both home theatres and classrooms. If you’re in search of the best Projector for house projection mapping, this model won’t disappoint you.
One of BenQ’s lower-cost 1080p home projectors is the TH585. Not only does it use LED backlighting with a single-chip DLP, plus a rear-projection technology to provide you with an immersive image, but it also incorporates several game-improving features.
BenQ cites it as a home entertainment projector, so it was created with the idea of playing in mind. While playing a game, it has very low input lag, which assists in stealing less few seconds from your reaction time.
Alongside, it has an excellent Game picture mode, which does a great job of preserving the shadows in the dark places where dangers and rewards appear.
With movies or TV, it’s incredibly bright, which will enable consumers to throw a big image that’s capable of holding its own against processed lighting.
The additional white segment allows the TH585 to reflect a better range of light, making the image brighter than expected. These confounding alliances are well enough to obtain the TH585, a rating of 3,500 ANSI lumens.
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 3500 ANSI lumen for ultimate projection
- 16ms low input lag ensures a smooth gaming experience
- Clear, loud 10-watt built-in speaker for better light mapping projector
- 15,000 hours of lamp life
- 1080p Full HD quality image with better sharpness
ViewSonic PRO8800WUL HDMI Lens Shift Projector
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: Advanced visual features ideal for professional installations, large venues, and business and education environments
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Project up to 300 inches in 5200 lumens
- EASY SETUP: 1.6x optical zoom, centered lens, vertical lens shift, and HV keystoning for flexible placement in challenging installations
- AMAZING COLOR ACCURACY: reliable color performance, in both bright and dark environments, without sacrificing image quality
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Supports most media players, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices with input options such as HDMI, micro USB, and more
Do you need a 3D projection mapping laser projector for the upcoming event? We have something for you as well. Try the ViewSonic PRO8800WUL projector. This device is perfect for large-scale events and presentations where crisp, clear images are mandatory.
With its outstanding 3D image processing capabilities, this Projector can handle even the most demanding content; it is an excellent laser mapping projector. It comes with an impressive brightness rating of 5200 lumens from its laser light source, which provides clear images with negligible distortion, even in the brightest spots.
The lens shift feature allows you to easily change the viewing angle, giving you the best view possible from anywhere in the room.
The Contrast Ratio of this unit is 5000: 1. This high ratio makes this Projector one of the brightest on the market. With a resolution of 1920×1080, images will be sharp and clear.
Whether you are using it for a home cinema experience or for presentations, the PRO8800WUL Projector will deliver the perfect images every time.
This Projector has a viewing angle of 176 degrees, which means that everyone in the room can enjoy a clear picture without having to crane their neck.
Additionally, the built-in speakers provide superior audio quality, so you can stay entertained while watching your favourite movie or TV show.
- Capable of projecting up to 300 inches
- 5200 lumens brightness rating ensures a superior viewing experience
- sRGB colour profile for precise colouring of the visual
- Multiple connectivity options support most devices
- Comes with ViewSonic Wizard CD
Panasonic 5000 Lumen LCD Projector
- Panasonic PT-VMZ71 WUXGA LCD Laser Projector (Black) - Wireless Remote Control Unit - Power Cord - 2x AAA Batteries for Remote Control (R03) - Lens Cap - Strap - Panasonic 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Supports Crestron Connected, Extron, AMX DD, and PJLink
- 10 W speaker and microphone input
- Free 360 Degree installation
- ECO Management System with 0.5 W Standby
If you have ever used gadgets from Panasonic, you might know how charming they are. So, we’ve picked a highly capable projector from the iconic brand; cue in the Panasonic PT-VMW50U LCD Projector!
The Panasonic PT-VMW50U Projector is a great choice for home theatre enthusiasts and small business owners who need a powerful projector that can handle big-screen presentations or projection mapping at home.
This Projector has a 50-inch diagonal screen size and 5,000 lumens of brightness, which is perfect for use in large rooms or spaces.
Its built-in digital sound system lets you enjoy clear audio playback during your presentations or movies, and its integrated wireless projection capability lets you easily share your images with others.
The unit comes with a VGA port, HDMI inputs, Digital Link via Ethernet, and composite video features to enhance your overall experience.
One VGA port can double as a second entertainment or display output, which comes in handy when connecting several projectors or screens.
The Projector is controllable via the wireless remote control, WiFi, wired Ethernet, or RS-232 with various control applications.
Its increased contrast ratio helps in producing deep blacks and illustrating overshadowed elements, which in turn gives a more realistic look to the scenes.
- Features Daylight View Lite for enhanced sharpness
- Up to 20,000 hours of lifespan
- Comes with a reusable air filter
- Three keystone corrections for horizontal, vertical, and corner
- The included wireless remote enables a quick shut-up function
ViewSonic PJD5353LS Short Throw Projector
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: Advanced visual features ideal for use in education and small business environments
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Projects 120 inches from 8-feet 2-inches in 3200 lumens
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control; just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Dynamic Eco-Mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 10,000 hours
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage, 1-year of lamp coverage, and access to our US-based customer service team
Wrapping up our top-rated list with another tremendous edition from ViewSonic. The ViewSonic PJD5353LS is designed to accept most sources, thanks to its HDMI, S-Video, RCA composite, and two VGA inputs.
It utilizes two VGA outputs for cascading projectors to display the same source, and its 2W speaker provides built-in sound reducing the need for an external sound system.
The Projector is RS-232 wirelessly controllable through the included infrared remote. This model was designed to present data and educational material to classrooms, business organizations, and consumers.
The Viewsonic PJD5353LS Projector has a 0.61 short-throw ratio, which produces a clear display when getting up close. In addition, this short-throw ratio also minimizes low-quality shadows when running in front of the Projector. The DLP light lamp offers a respectable 3200 lumens of brightness.
What’s more? Well, it features the propitiatory SonicExpert technology, which incorporates a greater speaker chamber and a more powerful amplifier to deliver a full 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range.
It comes with an optional cable television management hood to remove unsightly cable clutter and exposed ports.
Moreover, the easy access on top makes it easy to replace the lamp.
- 3200 lumens brightness rating for a brighter image
- Up to 10000 hours of lamp life ensures a longer service life
- Its 13500:1 dynamic contrast ratio ensures a clear view of darker areas
- Able to connect multiple media devices
- 8-feet of throw distance for a better view
What Projector Should I Use For Projection-Mapping?
A projector is a crucial part of projection mapping equipment. There are many different types of projectors available on the market today, each with its own specific features and benefits. If you are looking for a projection-mapping projector, it’s important to choose the one that’s possibly best for the task at hand.
Here are some factors to consider, based on which you can come to a conclusion –
The brightness of the Projector
When choosing a projector for building projection, it is important to consider the brightness rating.
A higher brightness rating means that the Projector will be brighter than a lower brightness rating projector, making it easier to see on-screen details in dark scenes or during nighttime use.
Additionally, high-brightness projectors are typically less expensive than low-brightness projectors, so they may be a better option if you intend to use the Projector frequently in dark environments.
While most projectors have a range of brightness ratings, it is important to choose one that is appropriate for the type of projection mapping being attempted.
A good rule of thumb is picking a model having a minimum 3000 lumens of brightness rating. There are some models with brightness ratings of more than 4500 lumens.
This type of Projector is more suitable when you intend your projection mapping in a brighter environment.
Resolution of the Projector
One of the main concerns when selecting a projector for projection mapping is resolution. The higher the resolution, the sharper the image will be.
However, this also means that the Projector will require more power to operate and may become too expensive for some applications.
The projection mapping software will typically offer different resolutions, so it’s important to test out different options to see which one offers the best quality image for your application.
Some projectors can output in multiple resolutions simultaneously, so if you’re unsure of what resolution you need, look for a projector that offers a resolution customizing feature. Keep in mind that the whole house projection should be clear and proportionate from all viewing angles.
If you have a specific need for the display resolution, then look for projectors that offer the option. Popular digital projector resolutions include WUXGA (1920×1200), WSXGA (1680×1050) and HDTV (1280×720).
However, we recommend you use images and a video projector that has a resolution of at least 720p (HD)
The throw distance is the distance from the centre of the lens to the screen. A shorter throw distance means that the Projector will be closer to the screen, making it easier to see on-screen content.
Longer throw distances require a larger room or more projection equipment, which may not be feasible for many applications.
High Contrast Ratio
Although the average person may not be conscious of it, their viewing experience is greatly improved by high contrast ratios. Contrast is the quality that exhibits how clearly the darker images will appear.
It’s an important factor for creating truly amazing viewing experiences because it helps to create depth and an illusion of three-dimensional space.
Not only does it make images appear sharper and more defined, but it can also make the text easier to read.
Projection mapping demands a projector that is powerful and robust. Many projectors have multiple functions, making them susceptible to reduced lamp life. Lamp life is important when projecting onto a large surface, such as a wall.
A projector with a long lamp life will be less likely to experience issues related to lamp usage. For example, many commercial projectors use LED lamps that can only last for around 800 hours before they need to be replaced.
Free Projection Mapping Software
Projection mapping software is a computer application that enables users to create three-dimensional images and videos from data or video input.
This type of software creates an illusion of objects being placed in a space in front of the user by projecting images onto surfaces.
There are both free and paid projection mapping software. Due to the rise of high-quality and reliable free projection mapping software, many people opt for free versions.
However, not all free projection mapping software seems effective in projection mapping. Here are some of the best free projection mapping software you can get –
This free computer application is targeted toward professional and amateur artists along with small groups of creators. Its intuitive interface accelerates learning and promotes artistic expression.
It is available on Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems. MapMap enables users to project mapping on any surface of their choice.
This tool provides professional-level visual projection mapping capabilities and allows you to import media files.
The most beneficial thing about HeavyM is how it permits you to upload your own media content and create audio-reactive effects.
This is a free Professional video mapping software available on macOS and Windows. It is an easy-to-use software used to create 3D video and LED lighting mapping.
This tool can support 16K pixels per frame for video conferencing. It also allows the user to simultaneously broadcast content to multiple displays with separate parts of the entire composition on each screen.
How Does Projection Mapping Work?
Projection mapping is a process that employs graphics software to create a three-dimensional image of a two-dimensional surface.
The projection is displayed on a flat surface, which could be a large sheet of paper, a wall, or a projection screen. The object is first drawn on a computer. The images are then projected onto this surface.
- The projection mapping process starts by creating a virtual image or scene in 3D space. This virtual image can be structuralized with computer graphics and CAD software.
- Next, the 2D data used to create the projection map is converted into a 3D coordinate system.
- This transformation ensures that each point in the original 2D image corresponds to a specific point in the virtual image created using projection mapping.
- Finally, the projected data is mapped onto this virtual image using a projection algorithm.
If you’re looking for projectors that are specifically made for mapping purposes, you should have a look at Luxedo projector reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
Can any projector do mapping?
Yes, projection mapping is possible with a normal projector. However, the results will not be as good as using a specialized projector.
How do you map a projector?
There are a few ways to map a projector. One way is to use a software program that comes with the Projector. This software will allow you to input the image size, resolution, and other settings.
Another way is to take a picture of the screen and use that as your map. The last way is to use a physical map that you can place over the screen.
What equipment is needed for projection mapping?
Projection-Mapping consists of three major subjects: hardware, media, and software.
Hardware is the physical gear required to finish the project, including computers, cables, projectors, power supplies, midi controllers, accessories, etc.
Software is the link between the computer and the user, permitting the user to modify the output.
How do you do 3D projection mapping on a building?
There are a few ways to do 3D projection mapping on a building. One way is to use a laser projector and scan the building. This method is time-consuming and requires a lot of preparation.
Another way is to use a camera and computer to project the image onto the building. This method is faster but less accurate.
The final way is to use a drone with a camera and software that can project the image onto the building.
How do I project my house map?
There are a few ways to protect your house map. You can use mapping software on your desktop/laptop computers or use online mapping tools on a tablet/mobile phone.
Now it’s time to wrap up our best projectors for the projection mapping review article. Before we sign out, our experts have a short suggestion for you.
If you want to grab the best Projector for your upcoming project regardless of price, the ViewSonic PRO8800WUL is a great option.
However, if you’re just getting started with projection mapping, the BenQ HT2050a Home Theater Projector would be a great choice.
If you are on a tight budget, the BenQ TH585 would be the right pick.