Nikon’s new Z mount system is amazing, but it can be hard to find lenses that work with it. Not only are the native lenses pricey, but they also don’t have a lot of options yet. Many manufacturers have stepped up to fill the gap, and there are some great third party lenses for Nikon Z Mount out there that offer unique features.
The best third party lenses for Nikon Z Mount will bring the best features, from macro to telephoto and everything in between. So grab your camera, and let’s dive into these great options for expanding your Nikon Z Mount lens collection.
Third Party Lenses For Nikon Z Mount Comparison 2022
- Best for Macro: Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 G2 Di VC USD G2
- Runner Up: Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD
- Best for Portrait: Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 DI-II VC HLD
- Best for Landscape: SIRUI 75mm Anamorphic Lens F1.8 1.33X APS-C
- Best for Wildlife/Sports: Venus Laowa 33mm f/0.95 CF APO
- 🏆【SUPPORT AUTO FOCUS & EYE FOCUS】Adopts steady, quick and smooth AUTO FOCUS, Which can capture the high speed moving objects, widely compatible with Full Frame cameras, after installing Nikon Z camera, support Sony body to view aperture, shutter, exposure compensation and others.
- 🏆【85MM F1.8 STM AF LENS】The 85mm focal length can be easily switched between a half-length portrait and a full-length portrait. Whether it's a full-frame body or APS-C, you will find that you always have the right distance from the subject when using the 85mm lens. F1.8 Large Aperture offers beautiful defocusing effects and enables massive amount of light for low-light or dimly lit shooting scenarios.
- 🏆【10 ELEMENTS IN 7 GROUPS】Features with 10 elements in 7 groups, ideal aperture with 9 blades. New optical technology for good image quality.85mm large aperture telephoto portrait fixed-focus lens, support NikonZ mount. The lens has excellent close-up shooting ability, focusing distance is 80cm~∞and the image ratio of small object distance can reach 1: 8.
- 🏆【PRECISE METAL ELECTRONIC CONTACT】The lens is equipped with built-in metal electronic contacts, supports EXIF information transmission, electronic automatic iris adjustment, can record digital photo attribute information and shooting data. The lens bottom has micro USB upgraded port, can download newest firmware from VILTROX website to make to make greater lens performance.
- 🏆【DURABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE WITH LOTUS HOOD PROTECTION】The All-metal body structure ensures lens assembly accuracy and durability, which only weight 540g lighter than the original version ; Designed with LOTUS LENS HOOD which can be used to reduce flare or scattering light of ghosts and avoid rain, snow or sticking to the front of the lens.
- Ultra wide-angle lens is designed for APS-C-format Nikon z-mount mirrorless cameras. with it , you could portray anything. You can shoot environmental portrait, cityscape, landscape, architecture, or even macro photography.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- It features STM focusing motor, step-less aperture dialing , and supporting eye/face detection autofocus. The compact and lightweight body makes it a best choice for Vlog creation.
- Natural and weak breathing effect can effectively avoid the change of perspective during focusing.
- With a minimum focusing distance of 8.6in (22cm), there’s immense potential to add a more dynamic look to your images through simply moving your camera closer and further away from your subject.
- 【2-in-1 multi-function lens】- When the lens is not tilted, it is an excellent large-aperture prime lens, which can be used to shoot portraits, night scenes and other photos that require high background blur.At the same time,this is also a special tilt lens compatible with mirrorless cameras,You can even take interesting pictures of Lilliputian visual that looks like a model when you tilt the lens.
- 【Blur Effect& Miniature View】- This lens can cut the space and create the visual effect of Lilliputian or Miniature View. The blur effect produced by the F1.4 large aperture and the shift axis is better, and it explores the new way of photography game.In addition, it can be tilt and twisted,360° rotating and shifting axis can change the focal plane and achieve a variety of effect photos and video shooting with a very good blur effect,which is very simple but so interesting.
- 【with Filter Slot & Excellent Picture Quality】- This is an full frame manual prime focus lens with a filter slot.It has an all-metal body and multi-coating.And the filter slot can also be equipped with UV, ND, CPL and other filters, magnifiers, and wide-angle lenses.Using 7 elements in 6 groups,it better restores the image quality of the photo.Not only is the image sharpness good, but the resolution also achieves excellent results.It is suitable for portraits,buildings,landscapes,video.
- 【Change the Focal Plane】- You can use the tilt function to control the focal plane, which can make an inclined plane focus on the focal plane, so that the object on the inclined plane can be imaged clearly,solve photography puzzles easily,and the closest focusing distance is 0.4m.
- 【Nice Try for Manual Lens Fans】- This is an ideal lens for beginner and fans who loved manual lens or vintage lens that can be used to familiarize yourself with camera settings, improve your photography knowledge, and help you become a better photographer.It is compatible with Nikon Z-mount series Z5,Z6,Z6II,Z7,Z7II,Z9,Z50,ZFC,etc.
- Compatible with Nikon Z Series Full Frame Cameras Z5 Z6 Z7 Z50
- Lens Not Attached : MANUAL LENS need you to enable "M mode " or "Release without lens" in the setting of camera
- Aperture range of F1.7 -F22
- Lens construction is 6 elements in 5 groups, multi-layer coatings
- Filter Size:52mm, Full-frame Visual angle:diagonal 46.5° horizontal 39.2° vertical 23.6°
- High-quality, all-metal lens adapter
- Utilize T-Mount (screw mount) lenses with Nikon Z mount cameras
- Simple, inexpensive solution to T-Mount compatibility
- Works with many third-party lenses that require a t-mount adapter
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for APS-C-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 50mm equivalent focal length.
- The versatile normal field of view is suitable for a wide range of subjects, from portraiture to reportage, and the fast f/1.4 design excels in low-light conditions and for shallow depth of field applications.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an 'A' position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Integrated micro-USB port can be used to update the lens's firmware.
- 85mm f/1.8 lens with nine blade diaphragm for soft rounded book
- Lens features 2 ED glass elements and Nano Crystal coating for lifelike accuracy
- Dust and drip resistant, the lens is extensively sealed to keep out dust and moisture
- Features customizable control ring
- NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1. 8 S lens features a wide f/1.8 apertures
- Lens features advanced Nikon technologies, including ED glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat
- Lens incorporates an all-new multi-focusing system for fast, accurate autofocusing
- Mounting Type: Nikon Z
- Compatible with over 360 F-mount Nikkor lenses and Teleconverter
- Made of hard plastic.
- Easy and quick to remove.
- Helps lens resist dust, debris, and bumps.
- Fits snug and tight on lens, attached to an elastic band
- ❤️❤️Please confirm your purchase is from the merchant “CamDesign” as our production of lens caps are sustainable. We do not give any sales rights to third party sellers. Third-party sellers selling under our products’ listings may be counterfeit goods and are not guaranteed of quality assurance.
- The EN-EL15c is a Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery for use with select Nikon cameras.
- Compatible With Nikon Models: Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 5, Z 7, Z 6, D780, D850, MB-N11 Power Battery Pack
- Compatible with MH-25a Battery Charger
- This battery can be charged with the EH-7P charging AC adapter, when used with Nikon cameras that have the capability to charge batteries in-camera.
- New larger Z mount for revolutionary optical performance
- Nikon-designed 45.7MP backside Illuminated image sensor with no optical low pass filter (OLPF)
- 493-Point on-sensor phase detect AF system and up to 9 fps; Detection Range: Minus-1 to Plus-19 EV (Minus-4 to plus-19 EV with low-light AF) Detection range (ISO 100, f/2.0 lens, 20 °C/68 °F)
- 4K ultra-HD video; 8K time-lapse; 120/1080P slow motion
- Compatible with new Z nikkor lenses, over 360 F-mount nikkor lenses and a variety of Nikon system Accessories
- Minimum Focus Distance- 3.6 feet (1.1 meter)
- Diaphragm blades: 9. Format: FX/35 millimeter. Minimum Aperture: f/ 22
- Focus distance indicator- 1.1 am to infinity
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Compatible with new Z Nikkor lenses, over 360 F-mount Nikkor lenses and a variety of Nikon system Accessories
- Provides great protection and shock absorption for your lens
- Heavy-duty, water-resistant exterior material. Mesh pocket inside lid for putting small accessories
- Fashionable deep blue two way zipper
- DLP-7II Inner size: 124 x 310mm; fits TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD, Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM and other lenses whose outside diameter and height is below 124x 310mm
- Provides 4 carrying options: (1) 2 D-rings with a strap to be used as a shoulder strap (2) 2 webbed eyelet loops for a shoulder strap (3) Rear double touch belt loop for use on waist belt (4) A grab handle on the top for hand carrying
- READ BEFORE BUY: Please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always proceeded by a "Φ" (diameter) symbol. For example: Φ58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- Special design lens cap that keeps lens 100% sealed when mounted even there's a hole on it for cap keeper leash. Lens cap leash is neatly attached in cap hole instead of other ugly and easily fall off front adhesive tab lens holder.
- Snap-on center pinch design allows easy attachment and removal, even with a lens hood in place.
- Truly premium quality lens cap bundle to protect your lens from water, dust, scratches and losses. Ideal universal replacement lens cover for Canon, Nikon, Sony etc DSLR cameras.
- Free premium quality microfiber cleaning cloth 6x7" included. NOTICE: 1) Cap keeper leashes are not attached on lens cover default. 2) For Canon 18-55mm lens please choose 58mm size. Please don't hesitate to contact us via Amazon message system if at any time you aren't completely happy with your purchased, we'll provide you a satisfactory solution.
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR AF-S NIKKOR Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Wherever your passion lies, this outstanding super telephoto zoom lens can bring it into focus. 95mm Filter Size
- In The BOX INCLUDES: AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens / LC-95 95mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap / HB-71 Bayonet Hood / LF-4 Rear Lens Cap / CL-1434 Semi-Soft Case / 90 Day Nikon USA Warranty
- INCLUDES: Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Nikon F + Sigma USB Dock for Nikon + AirBag Packable Bag and Camera Insert + SanDisk 64GB C10 Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Card + Altura Photo Mini Tripod with Pistol Grip + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Altura Photo Hard-Shell Case + Altura Photo Cleaning Kit + 3 Sizes MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Pouch
- HIGH PRECISION LENS: Prized for event, portraiture, and sports shooting, the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens is a flexible telephoto zoom characterized by its bright and sophisticated design.
- COMPATIBLE with all Nikon DSLR Cameras, including D500, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7100, D7200, D7500 APS-C Cameras, and D5, DF, D600, D610, D700, D750, D780, D800, D810, D850 Full Frame DSLR Cameras.
- SIGMA accessories included: Sigma LCF-82 III 82mm Lens Cap + Rear Cap LCR II + LH914-01 Lens Hood + TS-121 Tripod Mount + Lens Case
- Warning: This is a MANUAL Lens, NO Electronic Contacts, the camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows not connecting properly, please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible/Replacement for Nikon D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D300, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D50, D60, D90, Df, D3, D3X etc.
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- Pixel TF-322 Hot Shoe Converter for Nikon, Easy to install - just slide into your camera's hot shoe. This adapter can be used to connect third party flash via standard hot shoe or PC sync cord socket.
- Work with most flash guns in auto mode or manual mode ，Only supports the i-TTL mode of Nikon's original flash.
- The Pixel Hot Shoe Adapter would be a great addition to your studio.Easy to use and would be perfect for any of your photography need.
- This hot shoe adapter is perfect to mount a flash that does not have a sync connector for connection to a PC sync cord. It will allow those cameras to trigger external flashes by using the sync cord.
- Pixel TF322 hot shoe adapter fits all Standard ISO 518-2006 hot shoe flashgun including the SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, SB-80DX, SB-50DX, SB-30, SB-29/29s, SB-28/28DX, SB-27 etc. Not suitable for devices with sync voltage of more than 6 volts
- SIMPLE MECHANISM: No rocket science here, just a well made lens cap with strong springs from Breakthrough Photography. Strong springs ensure a tighter fit, longer life, and prevent failure in the field.
- PROTECTION FROM EXTERNAL DAMAGES: This cap protects your camera lens from external agents such as dust particles, water splashes, sun rays, and also protects from scratches during storage and walking around.
- SNAP-ON CENTER PINCH DESIGN LENS CAP: Our snap on center pinch design cap makes it easy to attach and remove, even with a lens hood on. The lens cap is manufactured from 100% recycled plastic for extra durability.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBLE CAMERA LENS COVER: This camera lens cap is compatible with all 52mm camera lenses such as Nikon, Canon, Sony and other DSLR cameras.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We have worked hard to produce the highest quality lens cap available. We stand behind our product and believe that our products are the absolute best. We offer a risk-free guarantee that you’ll love it and will be fully satisfied with your purchase.
Third Party Lenses For Nikon Z Mount Reviews 2022
Best For Macro – Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 G2 Di VC USD G2
- Eband coating provides superior anti-reflection Properties, and Reduces flare and ghosting
- High performance MPU for AF dramatically improves autofocusing accuracy and speed
- Dedicated MPU delivers the highest image stabilization in class at 5 CIPA-rated stops
- New VC auto detect mode 2 for panning and focal length is 24-70mm. Minimum Focus Distance-0.38m (15 inch)
- Fluorine coating and moisture-resistant construction
When it comes to third-party lenses, Tamron sets a high standard with its G2 line. The 24-70mm F/2.8 G2 is no exception, boasting many impressive features that make it a strong contender for professional photographers.
The Eband coating improves the lens’ anti-reflection properties, resulting in less flare and ghosting in images. The high-performance AF MPU offers significant improvements to autofocusing speed and accuracy, making it easier to capture sharp shots quickly.
In terms of image stabilization, this lens has the greatest CIPA-rated stabilization in its class at five stops. The VC auto-identify mode two also helps with panning movements for smoother and more stable results.
The lens has a minimum focus distance of 0.38m (15 inches), making it great for capturing close-up shots as well. It also has a fluorine coating and moisture-resistant construction, making it a durable option for use in various environments.
Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 G2 is a versatile and reliable option for any Nikon Z mount photographer. Its impressive features make it a strong choice for those looking to expand their lens collection without breaking the bank.
- Eband coating for improved anti-reflection properties
- High-performance AF MPU for faster and more accurate autofocusing
- CIPA-rated 5 stops of image stabilization
- The minimum focus distance of 0.38m (15 inches)
- Fluorine coating and moisture-resistant construction for durability
- Does not have a constant F/2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range
Runner Up – Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD
- TAMRON USA AUTHORIZED - Includes Full TAMRON USA WARRANTY - Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD A047 for Full-Frame and APS-C Nikon Mirrorless with Deco Gear Photography Bundle
- The World's Smallest and Lightest Telephoto Zoom for Nikon Z-Mount Cameras coming in at 5.9 in. long with a maximum diameter of 77mm, and weighing just 19.2 oz. Designed for Full-Frame, the lens is also at home on APS-C mirrorless cameras and provides a 105-450mm equivalent field-of-view. Designed and created so photographers of all skill levels can enjoy high quality images comfortably
- Enjoy high-resolution images and video combined with the stunning Bokeh qualities that are achievable only with a telephoto lens. The lens incorporates the RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) unit, a high-speed precision AF drive system that is remarkably quiet which is ideal for shooting continually moving subjects or video. The 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 lets you shoot without worrying about drive sound in a quiet environment. High performance Autofocus means you'll own every shooting opportunity
- The Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD A047 is a versatile lens for photographing landscapes, sports and other action, pets and wildlife and more. The lens also demonstrates its potential for portrait shooting, casual snapshots and scenarios that require you to be mobile and shoot handheld, like sporting events. With special emphasis on resolving power, Tamron has deployed special lens elements appropriately arranged to correct chromatic aberration
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens for Nikon Z-Mount Model A047 | Round-shaped Lens Hood | Front Lens Cap | Rear Lens Cap | Deco Gear Photo and Video Photography Backpack for Cameras and Lenses | 67mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter Kit (Set of 3 + Carry Case) | Corel Paint Shop Pro Software | Corel VideoStudio SE Software | Deco Photo All-in-One Photography Accessory Kit: Carry Case, Lens Blower, Lens Pen, Lens/Sensor Brush, Lens Tissue Paper, Microfiber Cloth
The Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD is a great lens for anyone looking to get a telephoto zoom lens for their Nikon Z mount camera. It’s the world’s lightest and smallest telephoto zoom lens with a weight of only 19.2 ounces and measuring 5.9 inches long. This makes it perfect for traveling and everyday use. It’s also compatible with APS-C mirrorless cameras, so it can be used with a variety of different cameras.
The lens has a built-in RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent ramping Drive) unit, which gives it high-precision AF drive technology that is surprisingly quiet. This makes it perfect for photographing objects that are constantly moving or for video shooting in a peaceful environment. The lens also has beautiful Bokeh effects that can only be obtained with a zoom lens.
Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD is a telephoto zoom lens that is compact and lightweight, while still providing high-quality photos and videos.
- World’s lightest and smallest telephoto zoom lens
- Compatible with APS-C mirrorless cameras
- Quiet AF drive technology
- Beautiful Bokeh effects
- Maximum aperture range not as wide as other lenses in its class
- May not perform as well in low-light conditions compared to higher-end lenses
Best For Portrait – Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 DI-II VC HLD
- World?s first 222x ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom Lens
- Filter diameter: 79 mm.0.15x (When the macro switching ring is set to "0,3m-?"), 0.26x (When the macro switching ring is set to "0,2m-0,35m").?620mm full-frame equivalent telephoto reach
- VC for confident telephoto shooting. Focal Length- 18-400mm. Minimum Object Distance- 17.7 inches
- Moisture-resistant construction; Angle of View (diagonal): 75°33' - 4°
- 1: 29 max Mag Ratio for versatile close-up capability
Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 DI-II VC HLD is a great all-in-one lens for Nikon Z Mount cameras. The first 222x super duper all-in-one zoom lens in the world, it offers a full-frame comparable telephoto reach of 620mm with the VC (vibration compensation) for assured telephoto shooting.
With an angle of view of 75°33′ – 4° and a minimum object distance of 17.7 inches, it provides a wide range of focal lengths and close-up capability, making it perfect for everything from landscapes to portraits and nature shots. The moisture-resistant structure also makes it ideal for shooting in all weather conditions.
Additionally, the Tamron 18-400mm has a maximum magnification of 1:29 and a macro-shifting ring for even more versatility in close-up shots. The filter diameter is 79 mm.
Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 DI-II VC HLD is an excellent option for photographers looking for a versatile and durable all-in-one lens.
- 222x super duper all-in-one zoom lens
- VC for assured telephoto shooting
- Wide range of focal lengths and close-up capability
- Moisture resistant structure
- Macro shifting ring for versatility in close-up shots
- Slower aperture at the maximum focal length
- No image stabilization built into the camera body for Nikon Z mount cameras (VC compensates but may not be as effective)
Best For Landscape – SIRUI 75mm Anamorphic Lens F1.8 1.33X APS-C
- 1.33x squeeze factor to widen the horizontal field of view and produce a wider, full HD 2.4:1 cinematic video without any post-cropping. Focal length: 75 mm | Aperture: f/1. 8 - F/16
- Creates cineastic effects such as horizontal sci-fi reflections, impressive light effects and an oval bokeh. Lens connection: Z mount
- Robust but lightweight design made from premium aviation aluminum alloy and Germany made Schott glass elements. Closest Focusing Distance: 1.2 m to infinity | focusing: manual
- Construction: 16 glass elements in 12 groups. Filter Spec: M67*0.75. Max. Magnification: 1:14.47(V), 1:18.45 (H)Focus Ring Rotation Angle: 191° | Focus ring diameter: 71.1 mm
- Length (without lid): 130.4 mm | Max. Case Diameter: 73 mm. Weight: approx. 800 g
For those looking for an anamorphic lens option for their Nikon Z mount camera, the SIRUI 75mm F1.8 1.33x APS-C lens is a fantastic choice.
This lens boasts a 1.33x squeeze effect, providing a wider and full HD image with a broader horizontal field of view without any need for post-cropping. With a 75mm focal length and an aperture range of f/1.8 to f/16, this lens can produce cinematic effects, including horizontal sci-fi reflections, amazing light effects, and oval bokeh.
In terms of construction, the SIRUI 75mm lens is made of high aircraft aluminum alloy and Schott glass components, making it both robust and lightweight. It also has a minimum focusing distance of 1.2m to infinity and a maximum magnification of 1:14.47 (V) and 1:18.45 (H).
The focus ring has a diameter of 71.1mm and an angle of rotation of 191 degrees, allowing for precise manual focusing. SIRUI 75mm anamorphic lens is a solid option for those looking to add a cinematic flair to their Nikon Z mount photography and videography.
- 1.33x squeeze effect for wider and full HD image
- 75mm focal length and f/1.8 to f/16 aperture range
- Made of durable aluminum alloy and Schott glass
- 191-degree focus ring for precise manual focusing
- Does not have a de-squeeze function for taking photos of non-widescreen subjects
Best For Wildlife/Sports – Venus Laowa 33mm f/0.95 CF APO
- Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO is a magnificent f/0.95 Standard lens for the Cropped Frame(APS-C) camera. Achieving the APO design, enjoy the clear images with well controlled chromatic aberration. The ultra-fast aperture lens with APO is perfect for low light photography, shallow depth of field portrait and narrative videography.
- It is blessed with crystal clear details, extraordinary sharpness and exquisite bokeh. It is perfect for prestigious portraits, stunning low light photography, and sparkling astrophotography.
- Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO lens allows you to shoot handheld at lower light levels without boosting the ISO so the unwanted noise in the images will be eliminated. Also, it adds a ‘wow factor’ to images by the shallow depth of field and incredible optical performance.
- Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO incorporates one Extra-low Dispersion Glass, one Aspherical Lens and three Ultra High Refraction Glass to minimize the chromatic aberration across the frame. Clean images at both ‘in-focus’ and ‘out-of-focus’ areas.
- 35cm closest focusing distance allows photographers to capture different perspectives with details of the object. With the maximum aperture of f/0.95, a breathtaking close up shot with shallow depth of field can be easily captured.
If you’re looking for a standard lens with an ultra-fast aperture, the Venus Laowa 33mm f/0.95, CF APO is worth considering. This lens features an APO design, resulting in well-controlled chromatic aberration and crystal-clear details.
With its narrow depth of focus and f/0.95 aperture, this lens is perfect for low-light photography, portraits with a small depth of field, and cinematic storytelling. It allows you to shoot handheld in dimly lit environments without the need to increase ISO and introduce noise into your photos.
The lens also delivers exceptional sharpness and beautiful bokeh, making it great for portraiture and astrophotography. Venus Laowa 33mm f/0.95 CF APO is a fantastic choice for photographers looking to add some “wow factor” to their images.
- Ultra-fast f/0.95 aperture
- APO design for reduced chromatic aberration
- Great for low light and portrait photography
- Eye-catching bokeh and sharpness
- May not be suitable for wide-angle shots
- Can be on the heavier side compared to other lenses in its class
Venus Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO
- Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO is specifically designed for mirrorless cameras with full-frame sensors size. With its fascinating 2:1 magnification capability and focus to infinity, the lens can capture subjects in any size, making it very versatile for different applications including macro, commercial and portrait photography.
- It is super compact and lightweight, the size of the lens is significantly smaller than other equivalents on the market. An apochromatic (APO) characteristic is equipped even in high magnification to provide outstanding image quality.
- This ultra-macro lens can reproduce 2:1 magnification of life-size images, showing extensive details of the object in high resolution. With a 20.5cm minimum focusing distance, it is ideal for capturing tiny subjects and doing super close-up shots.
- The lens is engineered with 3 extra-low dispersion glasses, suppressing longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration across in-focus & out-of-focus areas. Purple fringing and ghosting are controlled to the minimum throughout the aperture range. The APO characteristic reduce your post-editing time substantially especially in macro photography.
- The optical formula is designed based on the mirrorless system, the shorter flange distance not only improves the image sharpness but also makes the lens more compact and portable. It brings you the harmony for the size of this lens on a mirrorless camera.
If you’re looking for a high-quality lens to take your macro photography to the next level, the Venus Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO may be just what you need. With its unique 2:1 magnification capabilities, this lens is capable of capturing subjects of any size, making it perfect for a variety of applications.
Plus, its apochromatic (APO) feature provides excellent picture quality, even at high magnification. And with a minimum focusing distance of 20.5cm, you’ll be able to capture incredible detail in your close-up shots. And all of this is offered in a compact and lightweight design, making it easy to bring on any photography adventure.
For those who are serious about macro photography, the Venus Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO is a must-have addition to your equipment.
- Unique 2:1 magnification capabilities
- Excellent picture quality with APO feature
- Compact and lightweight design
- Minimum focusing distance of 20.5cm for incredible detail in close-up shots
- Maybe a higher investment cost compared to other macro lenses
- Limited compatibility with only Nikon Z mount cameras
Venus Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2X Ultra Macro APO
- Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO is a mirrorless-designed macro lens with 28.55° angle of view for full frame. It is the smallest 2x macro lens in the Full Frame market
- It weighs just around 252g (Leica M mount without caps and hood) which is super portable and handy for macro shooters. It features an apochromatic (APO) characteristic that chromatic aberration at both ‘in-focus’ & ‘out-of-focus’ is compressed to minimum
- This new lens is able to focus from 2:1 magnification to infinity which can serve as both macro and portrait lens with great image quality.
- The APO design empowers this lens to produce pleasing minimal CA images. It relieves photographers from their heavy load of gears.
- The freshly designed 13 elements in 9 groups optical structure contains 3 extra-low dispersion elements which eliminates the colour fringing at both in-focus and out-of-focus areas. Rendering stunning magnified pictures without chromatic aberration would be an extra convenience to photographers as it saves much time and effort on post production.
Venus Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2X Ultra Macro APO is one of the best third-party lenses for Nikon Z Mount cameras. With a 28.55° field of view and 2x macro zoom, it is perfect for close-up photography. The APO design minimizes chromatic aberration, resulting in clear, high-quality images.
This lens also has a versatile range, allowing it to be used as a portrait lens in addition to a macro. Its compact size and lightweight make it easy to carry on outdoor shoots.
In terms of performance, the Venus Laowa 85mm delivers sharp images with minimal distortion. The focus is smooth and accurate, making it a reliable option for capturing intricate details.
Venus Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2X Ultra Macro APO is a fantastic choice for Nikon Z Mount macro photographers looking for an efficient and high-quality lens.
- 2x macro zoom
- Minimal chromatic aberration with APO design
- Versatile for portrait and macro photography
- Compact and lightweight
- Smooth and accurate focus
- Limited maximum aperture of f/5.6 (may not perform as well in low light conditions)
VILTROX 13mm F1.4 f/1.4
- Full Frame AF 13mm F1.4 is a large aperture lens designed for Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras, suitable for a wide range of scenes, including environmental portrait, cityscape, landscape, architecture, or even macro photography, etc.
- The lens supports eye focus, EXIF information transmission and USB upgrade. Also, it features an STM motor for quick, quiet linear autofocus performance, which captures the fast-moving objects.
- F1.4 bright maximum aperture lens can shoot a charming background boke effect, even in low light and indoor shooting can also produce a high level of work.
- The closest focus distance is about 0.22m which expands more possibilities for close-up and video shooting. Just simply moving your camera closer and further away from your subject, there’s immense potential to add a more dynamic look to your images.
- Smoothly even rotation from one end to the other with manual focusing aperture ring to make pull focus a breeze when recording video and selective focus simple when photographing through objects like prisms and loupes.
VILTROX 13mm F1.4 is a full-frame lens with an aperture of f/1.4. It is suited for a variety of settings such as environmental portraits, landscape, cityscape, architectural, and even macro photography, among others.
The lens has eye focus, EXIF data transfer, and USB update. It also has an STM motor for rapid, silent linear focusing performance, allowing it to record fast-moving objects.
This lens is perfect for anyone who wants to take their photography to the next level. Even in low light, the F1.4 brilliant maximum aperture lens offers a delightful background bokeh effect, and interior photography can also generate a high work level.
The closest focusing distance is around 0.22m, which opens up more opportunities for close-up or video photography. Simply moving the camera closer or further away from the subject has enormous potential to enhance dynamism.
VILTROX 13mm F1.4 lens is well-built and performs exceptionally well. If you are looking for an amazing lens for your Nikon Z camera system, then this is the one to get!
- Full frame lens with f/1.4 aperture
- Suitable for a variety of settings and photography styles
- Eye focus, EXIF data transfer, USB update, STM motor for rapid linear focusing
- Beautiful bokeh effects and excellent performance in low-light conditions
- Close focusing distance of 0.22m for close-up and video photography
- May be slightly heavier and bulkier compared to other lenses in its class
- Slightly higher price point than other third-party lenses, but worth it for the quality and features offered
VILTROX 85mm f/1.8 F1.8 STM
- Portrait-length prime is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- STM autofocus motor delivers quiet and precise focusing performance along with a minimum focusing distance of 2.6'.
- Electronic contacts convey Exif data as well as permit camera-based aperture selection. Additionally, an integrated USB port permits updating the lens's firmware.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality. Included lens hood shades the front element from flare-causing stray light and also offers some additional physical protection.
When it comes to third-party lenses for Nikon Z mount cameras, the VILTROX 85mm f/1.8 F1.8 STM is a great option for portrait photography. The focal length of 85mm on an FX-format camera provides a natural perspective for capturing faces, making it perfect for headshots and portraits.
The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows for more control over the depth of field, making it easy to isolate your subject and create a beautifully blurry background. It also helps when shooting in low-light situations.
The STM autofocus motor is silent and accurate, allowing you to capture sharp images without distracting noise. The minimum focusing distance of 2.6 feet also gives you the ability to get up close and personal with your subject.
The nine-blade diaphragm adds to the attractive bokeh effect in out-of-focus areas, while the included lens hood helps protect against flare and physical damage.
VILTROX 85mm f/1.8 F1.8 STM is a great option for portrait photographers looking for a third-party lens with a bright aperture and silent autofocus capabilities.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture
- Silent STM autofocus motor
- Nine-blade diaphragm for attractive bokeh effect
- Included lens hood for protection
- Some users have reported issues with autofocus accuracy
- May not be as durable as a first-party alternative
7artisans 50mm f1.05
- Focus mode: Manual. Focal range: 50mm. View angle: 46° (Full Frame).
- Number of elements: 10 elements in 7 groups(Include 2 ED),, Blades:13
- Maximum Aperture: f1.05. Minimum Aperture: f16; Minimum focal distance: 0.57m. 58mm filter thread.
- Large Aperture: the f1.05 aperture that is great for indoor, low-light, and overcast settings. It can provide the perfect balance of depth filed during a portrait shoot.
- Wide Compatibility: It fit for Nikon Z6 Z7 Z50 Cameras
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly lens with a large aperture, the 7artisans 50mm f1.05 may be a great option for you. With its f1.05 maximum aperture, it’s perfect for low-light situations and can create beautiful depth in your photos.
The manual focus mode allows for precise control over your shots, and the 46-degree angle of view is great for portraits and close-up shots. It also has 10 elements in seven groups, including two ED lenses, resulting in sharp images with minimal distortion.
This lens is a great option for photographers on a budget who want to experiment with low-light photography and achieve a beautiful depth of field in their shots. It is compatible with Nikon Z50, Z6, and Z7 cameras.
- Budget-friendly option
- Large f1.05 maximum aperture for low-light photography
- Manual focus mode for precise control
- The 46-degree angle of view for portraits and close-up shots
- 10 elements in seven groups, including two ED lenses for sharp images with minimal distortion
- Only compatible with Nikon Z50, Z6, and Z7 cameras
- Manual focus may not be ideal for all photographers and situations
VILTROX 24mm F1.8
- Wide angle Large Aperture: The 24mm perspective is just wide enough to capture more of the scene without presenting too much apparent distortion while the complementary f/1.8 maximum aperture offers increased depth of field control and enhanced low-light performance.
- STM Motor: STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Advanced Optical Technology: Using a new optical design, the structure is 9 groups of 11 lenses, including two aspherical lenses and three ED (low dispersion)lenses.
- Using a new optical design, the structure is 9 groups of 11 lenses, including two aspherical lenses and three ED (low dispersion)lenses.
- Lightweight and high image quality: VILTROX FE 24mm lens weighs in at only 370g, it's compact, lightweight design enhances portability and mobility thanks to the combination of optical design utilizing two XA elements and STM AF system.
For those looking for a compact and lightweight alternative to their existing lens options, the VILTROX 24mm F1.8 may be the perfect fit. With a broad field of view and a maximum aperture of f/1.8, this lens offers expanded depth of field control and improved low-light performance.
The STM stepping motor provides fast and accurate autofocus, as well as a full-time manual focusing override. The advanced optical design includes two aspherical lenses and three ED (low-dispersion) lenses for improved image quality.
It comes at a fraction of the weight, making it an excellent choice for photographers on the go. Whether shooting landscapes or portraits, the VILTROX 24mm F1.8 is a versatile addition to any photographer’s kit.
- Compact and lightweight
- Fast autofocus with full manual override
- Improved depth of field control and low-light performance
- Advanced optical design for improved image quality
- May not have the same build quality as more expensive lenses
- Some users may prefer a wider maximum aperture (this lens has a max of f/1.8)
VILTROX 35mm F1.8
- Large Aperture: This lens offers excellent center and edge to sharpness and superb resolving power. It will give you soft and natural background blur. Pretty suitable for complicated or low-light conditions.
- Autofocus: The STM stepper motor enables fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus coverage. In addition, the internal focusing design maintains the overall length of the lens during use for improved maneuverability and faster response.
- Optical Structure: 10 elements in 8 groups.
- Soft and Natural Bokeh: In the design and manufacturing stage, the factors that cause color bleeding are under well control to achieve excellent resolution and out of focus.
- Compact and durable: The lens has a build in USB port for firmware to reach a compatibility for the newest cameras model and supports EXIF information transmission.
VILTROX 35mm F1.8 is one of the third-party lenses for Nikon Z mount cameras. This lens has a large aperture of F1.8, making it great for low-light situations and creating a subtle, natural background blur.
The STM stepper motor allows for quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focusing coverage. The optical structure includes ten components divided into eight groupings, ensuring exceptional center and edge clarity.
The lens also has excellent bokeh effects thanks to its control of color bleeding during the design and production stages. It’s compact and durable, with a USB connector for firmware compatibility. This lens is a great option for photographers looking for high performance in a third-party lens.
- The large aperture of F1.8 for low-light situations and natural background blur
- STM stepper motor allows for quick and quiet autofocus
- Excellent clarity and bokeh effects
- Compact and durable with a USB connector for firmware compatibility
- May not have as many features or technology as a first-party lens from Nikon
- May not have as extended warranty or customer support options compared to first-party lenses
VILTROX AF 50mm f/1.8 F1.8
- Full-frame Lens: The Viltrox 50mm F1.8 wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame format Nikon Z mirrorless cameras, and when used with APS-C format cameras, it has the equivalent perspective of a 75mm lens.
- Large Aperture: Ideal Aperture: Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over the depth of field. Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an 'A' position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- HD Nano multilayer coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- 11 elements in 10 groups,the optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion, two high transparent, and two aspheric elements to suppress a variety of aberrations and distortion.
If you’re looking for a versatile, affordable lens option for your Nikon Z mount camera, the Viltrox AF 50mm f/1.8 may be just what you need. With its bright f/1.8 maximum aperture, this lens is great for shooting in low-light situations and allows for more control over the depth of field.
The manual aperture ring offers tactile exposure adjustment, and the STM stepping motor provides fast and quiet autofocus performance. The lens also has an HD Nano multilayer coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
One thing to note is that, while designed for Nikon Z mount cameras, this lens has a comparable viewpoint of 75mm when used on APS-C format cameras. So, keep that in mind when determining your desired field of view.
Viltrox AF 50mm f/1.8 is a solid choice for photographers looking for a versatile and affordable lens option for their Nikon Z mount camera.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture
- Manual aperture ring for tactile exposure adjustment
- STM stepping motor for fast and quiet autofocus
- HD Nano multilayer coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- 75mm equivalent field of view on APS-C format cameras
VILTROX AF 23mm F1.4
- 【For Nikon Z-mount】Viltrox AF 23mm F1.4 Z is a wide-angle prime lens designed for APS-C format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras.It provides a 35mm equivalent focal length.
- 【Auto Focus】The inner-focus AF system uses a stepping motor to drive the focusing group of lens elements for silent and fast autofocus.Electronic Aperture,Eye Detection Auto Focus and EXIF Info Transmission,providing better flexibility and convenience for shooting.
- 【F1.4 Large Aperture & 9-blade Diaphragm】Bright F1.4 large aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.The 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- 【Advanced Optical Design】The lens consists of 11 elements in 10 groups,including 2 ED lenses and 2 high refraction index lenses,which help to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.HD Nano multilayer coating can correct the dispersion difference and eliminate ghosting and flare.
- 【Precision Metal Structure】The metal exterior and metal lens hood gives a sense of premium quality and robustness.and the aperture ring and focus ring have been designed for optimum operability.
When it comes to third-party lenses, VILTROX is a brand that often goes overlooked. However, their AF 23mm F1.4 for Nikon Z-mount is a fantastic choice for those looking for a wide-angle lens with a fast aperture.
The internal autofocus system operates silently and quickly thanks to its stepping engine, making it a great option for capturing fast-moving subjects. It also includes useful features like Electronic Aperture, Eye Detection, Auto Focus, and EXIF Info Transmission.
The F1.4 aperture allows for more control over focus depth and beautiful bokeh in low-light situations, while the advanced optical design, including ED and high refractive index lenses results in sharp, accurate rendering. VILTROX AF 23mm F1.4 is a great choice for photographers looking for a versatile wide-angle lens with impressive performance.
- The internal autofocus system operates silently and quickly
- Features Electronic Aperture, Eye Detection Auto Focus, and EXIF Info Transmission
- F1.4 aperture for more focus control and attractive bokeh
- Advanced optical design for sharp, accurate rendering
- May not be as well known or recognized as some other third-party brands
- Potentially less durable construction compared to higher-end lenses
TTArtisan 11mm F2.8
- ❤️The 11mm F2.8 large aperture,strong background blur ability,highlight the subject,it is helpful to reduce the noise of the picture and improve the picture quality when shooting at night.
- ❤️Exaggerated images and surreal information transmission may open up new inspiration for sports photography and landscape photography.
- ❤️Full frame sensor coverage with extreme ultra-wide 180 degrees angle of view on full-frame cameras.
- ❤️11 Elements in 7 Groups with aperture range of f2.8 - f16 effectively improve the image degradation of the fisheye lens edge.
- ❤️Aluminum Body with anodizing coloring design. Multiple brass components. Aperture ring: Clicked Aperture.
For any photographer looking for an extreme ultra-wide angle lens, the TTArtisan 11mm F2.8 is a great option. The 11mm F2.8 aperture allows for great low-light shooting and the ability to create a beautifully blurred background effect.
This lens also has a 180-degree field of view, making it perfect for landscape or sports photography. The lens is made with 11 elements in seven groups and has a range of f2.8 to f16 aperture, helping to reduce edge distortion commonly seen in fisheye lenses.
In terms of design, the lens has an aluminum anodizing body with brass accents and a clickable aperture ring. This lens offers great image quality and versatility for any photographer looking for an ultra-wide angle option.
- Extreme ultra-wide angle lens
- Great low-light shooting capabilities
- 180-degree field of view
- Aluminum anodizing body with brass accents
- Clickable aperture ring
- Edge distortion may still be present at certain aperture settings
About Nikon Z Mount
Nikon’s new Z Mount system is a revolutionary design that is both smaller and stronger than traditional camera mounts. This allows for more compact lenses and cameras, as well as superior performance. The Z Mount system has been specifically designed for the latest Nikon mirrorless cameras and is fully compatible with all F-Mount lenses.
Nikon’s Z Mount system offers several advantages over traditional mounts.
- Its smaller size allows for more compact lenses and cameras. This makes the Z Mount system ideal for travel photography, as it takes up less space in your bag.
- The stronger design also allows for greater performance, making the Z Mount system perfect for professional photographers.
- The Nikon mirrorless cameras are fully compatible with all F-Mount lenses, giving you a wide range of options to choose from.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Third Party Lenses For Nikon Z Mount
When choosing third-party lenses for Nikon Z mount cameras, there are a few important factors to consider.
Third-party lenses can vary greatly in terms of build and image quality, so it is important to do research and read reviews before purchasing. Make sure the lens has a solid construction and is compatible with your camera.
It is also important to make sure the lens will work with your specific camera model. While most third-party lenses claim to be compatible with all Nikon Z mount cameras, there may be limitations or differences in performance.
Third-party lenses often come at a lower price point than their first-party counterparts, but it is important to weigh the cost against the potential drawbacks in terms of quality and compatibility. Do not sacrifice image quality for a lower price if it means the images will not meet your needs.
Consider what features are important for your photography needs and make sure the third-party lens offers those. This can include image stabilization, autofocus capabilities, wide aperture options, and more.
Some third-party lens brands have a strong reputation for high-quality products, while others may have more inconsistencies. Consider the brand’s track record and read reviews from other photographers who have used their lenses.
Do Third-Party Lenses Work With In-Body Stabilization?
Some third-party lenses do work with Nikon’s in-body stabilization, while others do not. Be sure to check with the manufacturer of the lens you are considering before purchasing it to ensure that it will be compatible with your camera.
Do Third-Party Lenses Offer Autofocus?
Some third-party lenses offer autofocus, while others do not. It is important to check the specifications of the lens before purchasing to ensure that autofocus is supported.
What Are The Quality Differences Between Third-Party And Nikon Lenses?
There are quality differences between third-party and Nikon lenses.
Third-party lenses are usually made of cheaper materials and may not have the same level of construction or optical quality as Nikon lenses. They may also not include all of the features that Nikon lenses have, such as image stabilization.
However, third-party lenses often cost less than Nikon lenses, so you may be able to get a better lens for your money by going with a third-party option.
How Do I Know If A Lens Is Compatible With My Camera?
There are three ways to determine if a lens is compatible with your camera:
- The lens mount type: Some lenses have a Nikon Z mount, while others have an F mount. Make sure the lens you’re buying has the same mount type as your camera.
- The focal length range: Lenses are designed to work with certain cameras based on their focal length range. For example, a lens may be designed for use with full-frame cameras only and not crop sensors. Make sure the focal length range of the lens matches that of your camera.
- The aperture: Lenses and cameras both have maximum and minimum aperture values that they can support. If the maximum aperture of a lens is lower than the minimum aperture of your camera, then the lens won’t be able to autofocus because the light won’t be enough for the camera’s autofocus system. Otherwise, there’s no problem using lenses with different maximum and minimum apertures together.
It’s always best to do your research before purchasing a lens to make sure it will be compatible with your camera. Alternatively, you can consult with a knowledgeable salesperson or check the manufacturer’s website for compatibility information.
These third party lenses for Nikon Z Mount offer something unique and special that can’t be found in other products on the market. Whether you’re looking for a versatile zoom lens or a fast prime, one of these options is sure to fit your needs.
Our best pick for Nikon Z Mount is the Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 G2 Di VC USD G2, which has image stabilization and better optics. It’s also cheaper than the original model. If you’re looking for an affordable lens that performs well, this lens is a great option.
- Eband coating provides superior anti-reflection Properties, and Reduces flare and ghosting
- High performance MPU for AF dramatically improves autofocusing accuracy and speed
- Dedicated MPU delivers the highest image stabilization in class at 5 CIPA-rated stops
- New VC auto detect mode 2 for panning and focal length is 24-70mm. Minimum Focus Distance-0.38m (15 inch)
- Fluorine coating and moisture-resistant construction
So what are you waiting for? Start shopping and see how much better your photography can be with a lens that was designed specifically for the Nikon Z mount!