Looking to turn your home into a theatre where you can enjoy movies on a large screen?
And do you want to be able to do that without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars?
Gone are the days when you’d have to part with over 1000 bucks to get a quality projector.
Now, you can get a good projector with 1080P resolution and other great features for less than 100 dollars.
But to get a good one, you need to know what features to look for as well as find out if it will serve you well and without too many issues. And that needs lots of legwork!
To save you the trouble of finding the best projector under 100, we’ve put together a list of 15 models worth considering for home use.
We cannot say these will give you the exact same experience as a movie theatre’s screens, but it will be something close to that as long as the set-up is good. And we’ll give you tips on set-up to optimize the picture quality.
Let’s get started.
What Is a Projector & What Are the Benefits of Using It?
A projector is an optical machine that makes use of a lens and a light to project images from another media device like a DVD player, computer, PS4, smartphone or microSD to a background, usually a white screen or wall.
The projector is normally used as an alternative to monitors and TVs for a number of reasons. For instance, it’s cheaper and more portable. But there are some differences between a projector and a tv, which are described in another post.
Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy by using a projector:
One of the reasons why people love movie theatres is that they’re able to see movies in large pictures. That reduces eye strain and improves the watching experience. A projector brings the same experience to your home. You can watch movies on a screen size of over 100 inches.
we checked the price of an 82-inch QLED TV on the Samsung website, and guess how much it was? 3499 bucks! A good projector for home use can cost you, let’s say, 90 bucks. Adding the cost of a good white screen (20 bucks), it totals 110. You’ll view decent pictures for a fraction of the cost.
the average projector for home use is no bigger than 12 inches in length. You can mount it on the ceiling or a coffee table where it is completely out of the way and invisible when it’s not in use. You can also use your walls as the monitor or use a roll-out white screen, which is also compact. Can we say the same about a 100-inch TV?
Portable movie-watching experience
you can take your projector with you when going camping or on vacation somewhere. Some are even battery-powered, making it possible to watch movies on large screens even without access to electricity.
See how useful a projector is? Let’s now jump into the reviews and find a suitable cheap projector under 100 for you.
Our Top 15 Best Projector Under 100 Dollar
KODAK Luma 350 Portable Smart Projector
- THE PREMIER CHOICE FOR DLP PROJECTION | Portable Smart Projector Utilizes Breakthrough Digital Light Processing Technology to Render HD Video & Imaging w/ Stunning Color, Clarity &LED-Lumen Brightness | Massive Displays Up to 150” | Use With the iOS Luma 350 App for Intuitive Wireless Access
- COMPATIBILITY ACROSS ALL SMART DEVICES | Turn Your Phone Into a Remote| Discover the Ultimate All-Inclusive Multimedia Experience w/ Onboard Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Screen Mirroring, HDMI & USB for Phone, Laptop, Tablet, Streaming through downloaded Apps, Blu-Ray, Consoles & More. Note: The remote can only turn off the projector.
- CINEMA-QUALITY VIDEO FOR MOVIE MAGIC | Recreate the Visual Excellence of a Theater | Project in Full Ultra HD Resolution w/ Unbelievable Picture Quality| Built-In Speaker Lets You Enjoy Audio—No External Equipment Needed | Use your phone as a remote to adjust settings, open apps & choose content
- ADVANCED ANDROID 6.0 & iOS INTERFACE | Download Apps, Browse the Internet & Access Other Exciting Content Directly on the Projector | Device Features Easy-to-Use Light-Up Touch Controls, Manual Focus, Audio Output & Remote Control |Connect your Android or use the iOS Luma App for Even More Options
- For an enhanced experience, update your projector to the most recent firmware on the Kodak Photo Plus website. Note: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Apollo to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. Mirroring and screencast can be used to display non-copyrighted content downloaded on an external device.
The best projector under 100 for your home should be one that lets you watch movies and do your art projects without issues. Thinking in that direction, you may want to consider is 1920 x 1080 resolution KODAK Luma 350 Portable Smart Projector.
This is a small projector that comes with a power cable, a 3-way video/audio cable, and an HDMI cable. Apart from that, the unit also comes with a remote control and a built-in speaker.
As you’ll find out, the device is compact, and that allows easy installation, storage, and transportation. It also looks a bit cute, so you’ll not have any worries about elegance when using it at home.
The unit also comes with a high-quality carry bag that you can use to store or transport it.
In most cases, projectors in the price bracket of under 100 dollars have to be focused on distance. But this one, albeit being low-priced, doesn’t leave you to rely on the distance alone. You can focus the image without having to depend on the distance.
You’re going to love how easy it is to use this little machine. You connect the power cable and attach the unit to your PC using the provided cable, and it will run right away.
The menu is conveniently located at the top, and it’s amazingly easy to navigate. Its buttons are also sturdy and easy to push.
What about the sound? You ask. The device comes with a built-in speaker that works just fine. We cannot say that the sound is all that amazing, but you can definitely rely on the speakers to listen. Alternatively, you can connect the projector to external surround speakers by adapter/connector for a better experience.
The fan is audible, but not annoyingly. You’ll still hear what is coming from the speakers clearly.
If you’re tech-savvy and are looking for the best experience, this is not for you. But if you’re looking for a budget-friendly but quality little projector for your home, you’ll find it very fitting.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Small and lightweight.
- Easy to set up.
- Comes with all the important cables.
- Fan is not annoyingly loud.
- Speakers are clearly audible.
DR. J Professional 4500L Mini Cheap Projectors
- 【THE LATEST UPGRADED 3500 LUMENS PROJECTOR】3500Lumens, 60% brighter than the same level mini projectors at this price.Led lamp lifetime also update to 50000 hours. Thanks to that, both its clearness and lifetime are up.
- 【EXCELLENT SPECTATING EXPERIENCE】Built-in 2W*2 stereo speakers, 840*480 Native Resolution, 720P and 1080P supported, 4:3/16:9 Aspect Ratio, 2000:1 Contrast Ratio, 32’’~176’’ projection size, 1.5m-5m projection distance, advanced cooling system, bringing you Excellent Spectating Experience just as in a theater! above all, you do have a great deal at the price.
- 【MULTIMEDIA INPUT/OUTPUT】 Equipped with HDMI, VGA, AV, USB interfaces, DR.J projector is compatible with TV Box, Amazon Fire TV Stick, ChromeBook,, Laptops, Tablets, DVD player, USB Flash Drive, Media players (Music, Pictures, Video, TXT), iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphones (HDMI convert cable is need by smartphone connect)
- 【UNIVERSAL APPLICATIONS】With 3500LUX brightness, 176" large Projection Size, 1080P Full HD resolution and lower noise disturbing, this projector is great for home theater(movies, video, music) , entertainment(video games, party), outdoor activities (camping, open-air film). it is time to enjoy your life!
- 【WORRY-FREE WARRANTY】provides a 3-YEAR WARRANTY promise, you can contact us anytime and we will offer goods exchange and money refund with no reasons in the warranty time. Quickly answered—your contact will be answered within 24 hours.
If you’re seeking the biggest bang for your buck, you might want to check out the DR. J Professional P68. This one offers you 3800 lumens and numerous other features for a good movie-watching experience at home.
Maybe you need a machine that allows multiple outputs and inputs. You’ll be happy to know that this unit comes with ports for audio, USB, VGA, MicroSD, and HDMI connections.
The unit’s speaker is good and will let you hear everything clearly. But if you want a crisper sound with a deeper bass, you can use the audio out port to listen from external sound devices.
As experts in the projectors’ niche, we can tell you for sure that most units in the price bracket give you only about 2600 lumens. So, the 3800 lumens that the P68 offers you is something truly special.
That’s a whole 300 lumens on top, and though it might not sound like much, it will make the images richer. This projector is able to overpower the wall’s colour better than most other units in its price bracket.
If you’re on a tight budget, buying a 100-inch TV might not seem like the best idea. However, if you still want to enjoy the experience of a TV set, this projector will be a good pick. The colours and images are nearly as rich, with the big screen size of 176″ inches.
Even at 100 inches, you’ll not deal with issues like blurriness.
Our only problem with the unit is that the remote sensor is on the side instead of at the top. This makes changing media a hassle, but it’s not a huge bother and not at all a deal-breaker.
If you’re looking for the best projector under $100 with great picture quality and good brightness, don’t hesitate to get the DR. J Professional P68.
- Excellent image quality with no blurriness, even at 176 inches.
- Compatible with different media, including PC, video games, smartphones, etc.
- 3800 lumens.
- 1280 by 720 resolution.
- HDMI cable included.
Bloomidea 6500Lumens Portable Projector
- Better than other products (1) Update brightness: Our 6500Lumeus is more realistic than other products. Brighter than 99% mini projectors. (2) Update the original resolution: The native resolution of our mini portable projector is supports 1920 x 1080P, and the screen display is clearer and more vivid. (3) More environmentally friendly accessories: The product uses high environmentally friendly materials, making daily home theater use more assured.
- Meet your family needs Watch movies, take classes online, or let your children enjoy hours of cartoons and educational videos [very suitable for use in low-light environments]. This is an innovation of traditional projectors, built-in stereo speakers, adjust the trapezoid and focus to obtain a true projection size of 130 inches, the projection distance is 1.5 meters-5 meters, bringing an excellent audience experience. Outdoor movie and movie projector suitable for indoor use.
- Hi-Fi Level Speaker,High-quality sound effects Our Bloomidea movie projector can create 130-inch real high-definition images. At the same time, the body has a built-in independent Hi-Fi speaker, you can really enjoy the large image size and full sound. Portable Projector Plus You can choose to connect the projector to external speakers, headphones or other audio equipment to customize the audiovisual experience
- Multi-function interface Bloomidea projector is equipped with HD, USB, Av cable connection. Bloomidea projector can be connected to TV, PC, laptop, tablet, switch or other devices for easy and convenient viewing Video, browse picture or play
- Faithful after-sales service Bloomidea HD projector has CE, FCC certification. Our products have a one-year warranty. If there is any problem, the product can be replaced. If you have any questions about the product or its use, you can contact us through our after-sales service, and we will solve your problem as soon as possible.
For something even cheaper than the units we’ve discussed above, consider the Bloomidea Mini Projector. This unit may not be the best for PowerPoint presentations, but when it comes to home entertainment, it’s definitely a worthy little device.
Although the Bloomidea is a small and compact device, it has a decent picture and sound quality. When you get it, you’re also provided with an HDMI cable for hassle-free connection to your media devices. The machine is compatible with a whole lot of media gadgets, including TVs, tablets, Blu-ray players, and PCs.
As said, the sound from the built-in speaker is decent, but if you want better quality, you can use the audio port to connect to a soundbar.
According to the manufacturer, the projector supports screen sizes starting from 32 inches to 176 inches wide. At smaller screen width sizes, going from 32 to about 90 inches, the picture quality is great. Nonetheless, the room has to be slightly dark for you to see clearly.
But as the screen size starts going up from there, the picture quality reduces, and you need to make the room totally dark to be able to enjoy what you’re watching.
The Bloomidea Mini Projector comes with a tripod for support. Unfortunately, the tripod is not high-quality, and it leans to one side when you place the projector on it.
Other than that, the unit is a good budget-friendly option with good image quality.
- Works with a wide variety of media.
- High-grade full HD images.
- Small and compact – easy to handle and transport.
- 2 USB ports.
TOPVISION 7000LUX Outdoor Movie Projector
- 👍【Fast Connection Via WiFi or USB cable】This mini projector compatible with Android, iPhone, TV stick, and PS3, PS4, and other audio and video equipment. Just one-time WiFi connection you can easily achieve the screen mirroring, no need to connect HDMI cable, you can get a good viewing experience!
- 📽【 Design for More Professional】200" movie projector support 1080P, Full HD resolution ensures clear color and image processing. You will also get the best viewing angle and viewing size by correcting the keystone and adjusting the focus. The outdoor projector is small enough to fit easily into a backpack, and you can start your outdoor journey!
- 🎧【HiFi Stereo Speakers & Upgraded Cooling System】 This portable projector has 3W HiFi stereo speakers, which you can get a superior sound experience. The video projector adopts temperature control technology, it minimize the power consumption and extend the lamp life up to at 80,000 hours.
- 🎮【Rich Interface & Wide Compatibility】 Equipped with various ports such as VGA / USB / HDMI / AV / SD / audio output. the outdoor movie projector Compatible with Smartphones, computer, tablet, U disk, SD card, DVD, game console, etc.
For a projector capable of displaying colours correctly, try the TOPVISION Video Projector. If you’re looking for the best cheap projector under 100 that you can connect to your smartphone or tablet, as well as numerous other media devices, this one will be a good pick.
The unit is compact and looks very nice. As it is compact, handling and storage are a piece of cake.
One of the joys of getting this projector is that when you want to connect it to your mobile device, you don’t even need to buy an adapter; it comes with that. And you can even connect to an iPhone or iPad. You need to hit “trust”, and the connection is complete.
When looking for the best mini projector under 100, one of the things you want to know is if you’ll be able to enjoy movies and games well. You can rest assured that the projector is built for that. The image quality is good even when the room is not dim, and when you dim the room, the images are crisp and clear.
At the centre, the sharpness is really good, but as you move outwards, the sharpness reduces. The main issue with this unit, but at its price level, it is acceptable.
With an illuminance of 2400 lux, the unit is able to emit bright light for high image clarity. There are two ways in which you can adjust the image. You can either adjust the focus ring or adjust the keystone correction.
If there’s something that can take away your movie-watching experience when using a projector, it’s the fan’s noise. But Topvision doesn’t have that problem. This device uses a modern, innovative fan with features to dramatically reduce noise. Yes, there’s still some noise from the fan, but it’s too low to disrupt your experience.
- Sturdy-built and good-looking.
- Supports smartphones, both android and iOS.
- 2400 lux illuminance – brightness is great.
- Relatively quiet fan.
Artlii 2021 New Pocket Projector
- 🎁【POCKET SIZE MINI PROJECTOR】:The mini projector is only phone size and thick like a Cola can. So small and portable, you can put it in your pocket or bag and travel with it.
- 🎁【POWERED BY POWER BANK】:The pocket projector can be charged through a power bank which makes it more friendly to be used when there is no electricity available.
- 🎁【VARIOUS COMPATIBLE DEVICES】:This compact video projector is equipped with multiple ports for ease of use, including HDMI, USB, Micro SD Card, Audio and AV interface.So it can be connected to Chromecast, Tablet, Laptop, Macbook, Blu-ray Player, DVD...
- 🎁【PERFECT KIDS COMPANION】:This pocket size mini projector fits almost all home entertainment devices.It is able to display pictures, movies, TV shows, videos, games on a 60 Inch large screen.It's perfect for protecting kids' eyes.
- 🎁【MONEY BACK POLICY】 : This Mini Projector has FCC, RoHS and CE certification. In addition, It comes with a 1 month 100% Money Back Policy plus 1 Year factory policy. We also have Local Maintenance Center, our professional engineers will assist you through your worry-free shopping process. You can buy our projectors with zero concern!
Thought projectors had to be large items that could not be carried in a pocket. Well, you were wrong. Introducing the smartphone-sized Artlii 2020 New Pocket Projector. This little unit is not any bigger than an iPhone 8, and it’s only slightly thick.
If you’re looking for something that you can take with you to your camping escapade, this might be a good pick. You don’t need electricity, as the little device comes with batteries. Again, you can charge it with a power bank.
All you need to do is connect it to your phone and project it onto a white sheet/background, and you’ll get to enjoy your movies from anywhere.
The Artlii offers you a brightness of just 600 lumens. That might not seem like much, and it definitely won’t work in a well-lit area, but in a dark room, decent images will be displayed.
What about the screen size? The unit is able to display images with a screen width of between 24 and 60 inches. The smaller the width, the better the clarity.
One thing that totally blew us away was the sound. It was nice and clear, even at high volumes. And of course, you can connect to an external speaker.
For sure, the projector is nowhere near perfect, but it works in situations that other units cannot, like when you don’t have a power connection. Also, you can carry it easily, even in your pockets.
And have we mentioned it’s one of the cheapest options going for under 50?
Pssst…this unit would make a great gift for a kid.
- Small and lightweight.
- Easy to carry – even in the pocket.
- The built-in speaker produces a nice sound.
- Supports different media devices.
- One of the cheapest options.
Anpiu Mini Portable Projector
- 2023 Upgraded Viewing Experience: The projector is built by MStar advanced color engine, supports 1080P resolution, and brings a clearer experience to customers. LED lighting provides +60% brightness than ordinary projectors, and has 50,000 hours of LED bulb life, which is very suitable for home entertainment.
- Multifunctional Projector & Carrying Case: This projector can be used to play videos, TV shows, share photos, and football/basketball games. It is also compatible with your smartphone, PS3, PS4, PS5, X-Box ONE or Wii, and is a great choice for home entertainment. The customized bag is designed to allow you to carry and store easily.
- Portable Projector Case Included: Compared with other projectors, you are able to set up your own home theater freely and anywhere to watch movies, TV shows and photos, slides and play video games.
- Stereo Sound & Cooling Fan: The projector comes with Dolby sound effects, allowing you to be more immersed when watching movies. The built-in fan has a heat dissipation function and effectively reduces the noise of the fan.
- 100% Satisfied Service: Our team offers every customer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any problems while using, please feel free to contact us. Please rest assured that we also have 2 year warranty. Not recommended for PPT, or business presentation, it is a home theater projector.
If the Anpiu Mini Portable Projector has one thing going for, it is exceptional image clarity. For a unit costing well under 100, this is really awesome.
What’s more, the image clarity is high even when the room is lit. That is made possible by the fact that the device gives out 3500 lumens, which is almost twice as bright as most other projectors at this price level. And besides, the unit has a contrast ratio of 2000:1.
If you love viewing movies from a large screen, this is the projector for you. It allows you to enjoy a screen size of up to 180 inches without ruining the image quality dramatically, as other projectors do as the screen size gets to such high levels.
And by the way, the fact that the unit allows you to watch films on a large screen size means healthier eyes as you don’t stain them to see what is going on.
A projector with a noisy fan can be quite a pain, keeping you from enjoying your movies. Fortunately, now you can use a projector that will never disrupt your watching experience. The Apeman is fitted with an innovatively-designed fan that keeps it from heating up while keeping the noise to a minimum.
As you increase the volume on some projectors, the sound starts getting distorted and gets weird. That’s not something you’re going to face when using the APEMAN Mini Portable Projector. This one has a high-tech dual speaker system installed that sounds great even at high volumes.
There’s virtually nothing negative to say about this unit. The picture quality is great, the sound is amazing, and the price is unbelievable.
For certain, the projector is worth getting.
- 7500 lumens – brilliant images even when the room is lit.
- Great picture quality – sharp.
- Small and relatively slim.
- Amazing sound quality.
- Supports multiple inputs – HDMI, VGA, MicroSD, USB, etc.
Meyoung Portable LED LCD Projector
- Mini projector are small in size ( 3.9*3.9*4.3 inches/1.2 lbs, unique design makes it easier to take to anywhere. Support power supply by portable charger with 12V/2A. 2019 upgraded LED lighting provides +20% brightness than ordinary projector. Supporting 1920x1080 resolution, 800:1 contrast ration which is ideal for home theater entertainment. Let your kids fully enjoy the music / cartons / movies and games indoor&outdoor
- Projector with multiple portable connection(WHEN CONNECT WITH SMARTPHONES or TABLET, YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A HDMI ADAPTOR SEPARATELY. Pay attention: HDMI ADAPTOR is NOT INCLUDED in the package ) , like HDMI, AV, USB, and TF port, it can be easily connected to multiple media devices, such as TV box, laptop, desktop computer, DVD player, digital camera, smartphone, HDMI enabled devices and more
- Projector with double 2W HiFi speakers built-in, excellent video projector creates a surround sound and makes you feel like you are in a big cinema watching a amazing movie. Equipped with powerful cooling system with heat dispersion, the display projector witnesses your enjoyment quietly
- Projector with big screen size experience: It provides a watching size from 24” to 71” with the projection distance between 2.5ft to 10ft. A projection distance of about 3.5 ft is the recommended viewing distance. Best gift for your family & friend, such as: Thanksgiving Day / Christmas Day / Happy New Year
- All Meyoung projectors were offered 18-months warranty. If you're not completely satisfied with our video projector, please contact us and you'll be offered a refund or replacement alternatively within the first 45-days. Hassle-free and NO RISK, and friendly customer service for you
We must say that when it comes to design, the Meyoung Portable LED LCD Projector is rather unique. It’s a small unit shaped like a stereo and with a really cool and classy design. The device also has a carry strap attached at the top for easy transportation.
Compared to most other low-price projectors, this unit is a victor in that it offers excellent quality while remaining affordable. With it, you can watch shows and football, and you can also play video games without a hassle.
You will like how easy it is to use this device. At the top, the unit has a control panel, allowing you to regulate the sound, image, and other factors conveniently. And the side, you’ll see all the input and output ports.
There are ports on there for HDMI, USB, and microSD. There’s also a port for connecting an external audio system.
These ports allow you to connect the projector to a range of media devices, including TV, smartphone/tablet, laptop, digital camera, and so on.
You’re looking to watch videos that have good quality, right? You’ll be glad to see that the unit has you covered. The brightness offered is better than what most other models offer, and the contrast ratio of 800:1 means that the image clarity is good.
With the unit, you get to watch on a screen size of 24 to around 70 inches and from a projection distance of 2 to 10 feet. At a projection distance of 3 to 4 feet, the image rendered is crisp and clean, giving a great viewing experience.
- Nice design.
- Carry strap at the top for easy moving.
- Good image quality.
- Easy to use.
DRJ Portable LCD Projector
Great sound, great picture, great price – that’s how we’d describe the DRJ Portable LCD Projector in a nutshell. It’s definitely one of the finest budget-friendly models, and here’s why.
First off, you can use it with a whole range of media devices, including your fire tv stick. That means you get to enjoy an unlimited assortment of movies watching from a wide screen.
And talking of the screen, the unit lets you watch on a screen size of between 40 and 170 inches. What you’ll find impressive is that even at wider sizes nearing 170.
As mentioned, the picture quality is really good. That is made possible by a few aspects. First off, the illuminance is better than average. The unit is able to give up to 2800 lux, while some models out there hardly offer half of that.
Again, the 2000:1 contrast ratio makes the images crisp. 2000:1 basically means that every white image displayed is 2000 times brighter than its black counterpart. The large gap is what brings good clarity.
Do you know how some projectors can only be used in a dark room to be able to give good pictures?
This unit isn’t one of them. You can use it in a lit room, and the image quality will still be good. And, you can even use it outside, of course in the evening or at night.
As for the sound, it’s surprising to see that such a small and compact unit could offer something so good. The sound is clear and cool even at higher volumes, and the fan sound isn’t disturbing.
And finally, when you get this unit, you’re given a free screen! The screen is thin and high-quality, displaying the images beautifully.
- Compatible with fire tv sticks and many other media devices.
- The screen size of up to 170 inches without downgrading the image quality.
- They have good speakers with a nice sound.
- 2800 lux – high illuminance.
DBPOWER RD810 Portable Home Projector Under 100
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
For someone who needs a smaller projector that is only slightly bigger than one palm, the DBPOWER RD810 Portable Mini Projector would be a good pick.
This unit is small and lightweight, though not enough to be termed ‘pocket-size’. Carrying it around will definitely be very easy.
One of the reasons why people love this projector is that it is easy to use. You connect the power and the HDMI cable to your computer or any other compatible media device. The entire set-up process can take less than a minute.
This unit comes with a built-in speaker. The speaker doesn’t really give an impressive sound but then, it’s not that bad. The volume goes up as much as most laptops.
If you prefer an external audio device for better sound, you can use the headphone jack output of the audio out port to connect to an external speaker.
One of the biggest problems with budget projectors is ghosting. However, there’s no ghosting with the DBPOWER RD810 Portable Mini Projector. The pictures are able to retain quality due to the high degree of sharpness provided.
A 2000:1 contrast ratio ensures the images are clear even at a screen width of 100 inches. The manufacturer says the unit can render good images at a screen size of up to 176 inches, but we find that the quality is not very good when the screen size approaches 150.
But being able to provide great image quality at even just 100 inches is a really awesome thing for a projector priced so low.
- Small and easy to carry around – not much larger than a man’s palm.
- High-clarity images even at 100 inches.
- Easy to set up and use.
POYANK 4500Lux Wireless LED PROJECTOR
- PERFECT HOME THEATRE EXPERIENCE: Upgrade 7500Lux brightness and native 720P resolution empowered by upgraded LED lightning make this POYANK projector a perfect choice to build your home theatre for indoors fun and spring&summer outdoor movies. Grab one POYANK projector and bring your family and friends together.
- SUPER EASY WIFI CONNECTION: 2022 POYANK Projector with WiFi simplifies the setup with your iOS and Android devices. Wireless connection through your home WIFI /hotspot is simple. Additional cost for extra wires are avoided.
- MULTIMEDIA LIGHTWEIGHT PROJECTOR: POYANK wireless projector is equipped with HDMI port, USB port, VGA port, VA port and works perfectly with TV stick, Chromecast, smartphones ,laptop, tablets, PC, Laptop, Blue-ray DVD player, USB flash drive and PS4 etc. This projector only weighs 3.23 pounds and comes with handy remote control. Attach any device you could imagine to the projector and take it to the place you like. The joy is on the go!
- BUILT-IN HIFI STEREO SPEAKERS AND FAN COOLING SYSTEM: Nice sound quality can be enjoyed via our powerful and clear HIFI stereo speakers, no separate speaker is needed. Of course you can boost the sound to get the best theatre experience through 3.5mm mini jack output. 2022 upgraded cooling fan system makes the fan noise of this home theatre video projector much quieter than other ordinary projectors. Both features offer a feast for your ears.
- IDEAL GIFT FOR HOLIDAYS: POYANK WIFI projector meets all your daily entertaining needs and its small size enables you to carry it to wherever you want. For sure, this projector is an adorable gift option on holiday occasions. Buy this projector to your family, friends or even to yourself and open up the gate of more pleasure and happiness. Any issues or questions about this projector, please feel free to contact our customer support. Your understanding will be much appreciated.
How would you like to get a projector that comes with built-in Airplay?
Yep, that’s exactly what you get to enjoy with the POYANK 2800Lux LED Wireless Mini Projector. The airplay is an Apple tech that lets you send your mobile device (tablet or phone) over the projector.
The technology uses WiFi, allowing you to connect your mobile device to the projector without having to use any cables.
One thing we loved about connecting the unit to devices through Wifi is that it was easy. Besides, the provided instructions were super easy to follow.
Apart from connecting your devices to the unit via WiFi, you can use other ways to connect other devices. The projector has multiple ports for inputs and outputs, including HDMI, VGA, and audio out. For someone who wants a great gaming experience, the projector will be very useful.
And by the way, if you don’t want to use Wifi to connect your phone, you can use the provided USB.
Moving on, the unit supports a resolution of between 800 by 480 and 1920 by 1080. The supported screen size starts from 32 all the way to around 170 inches. We found that the image remains great with a screen size of up to 130 inches.
Above 130, the images start losing clarity, but below that, the displayed images are really nice. If you’re looking for a good viewing experience at home, the projector will undoubtedly serve you well.
There are a few issues, but they are not a deal-breaker for something that costs so low. First, the sound is not all that. It’s not totally bad, but you’ll probably need external speakers.
Secondly, the remote needs AA batteries, but these aren’t included.
As said, these concerns don’t break the deal considering the price.
- Supports connection with mobile devices via Wifi.
- Good picture quality up to 130 inches screen size.
- Nice brightness.
PVO Portable Projector
- ☀ Gift for Children: Mini projector is a must-have product for children to watch cartoons and videos, which is very popular with children. When viewed from a distance with a projector, it can project a maximum of 170 inches (Recommended 60-100 inches). Keeping children away from mobile phones and iPads can protect children's eyes.
- ☀ Small and Portable: Mini video projector is small and portable, and can be carried in a pocket or bag. Even children can hold it easily. You can enjoy movies, videos and games no matter at home or in the outdoor courtyard, travel, camping and other location.
- ☀ Upgrade Performance: PVO YG300Pro upgraded in 2022, support 1080P full HD and the natural resolution have increased to 800*480. Improve the brightness and color saturation of the projected picture to make the picture clearer and more comfortable (dark room is better).
- ☀ Multiple Interface: Small projector is equipped with multiple ports, including HDMI, USB, audio and other interfaces. It can be easily connected to multiple media devices, such as TV boxes, laptops, desktop computers, digital cameras, HDMI-enabled devices to play video, TV series, photos sharing and games etc.(Some devices require additional to HDMI adapter, not included.) No wifi, no bluetooth. If you don't know how to connect, please contact our customer service.
- ☀ Power Bank supply: The mini portable projector is powered by a power adapter (does not have a built-in battery), It can also be powered by mobile phone charger, car charger or power pack via micro-USB interface (need to support 5V/2.5A), enjoy anytime, anywhere.
When buying a cheap projector that costs way below 100 bucks, you might have concerns about the quality. While such products may not generally be the very best with regard to performance and longevity, there are some of them that will exceed your expectations.
One such product is the PVO Portable Projector. This is a compact unit that performs really well. Before we go into that, we’d like to let you know that it comes with a remote, an AV and HDMI cable, a power cable, and a lens cap.
As you can see, you get most of the items needed to get started immediately.
If the unit has one thing going for, it is ease of use. You can set it up in under 5 minutes and start watching your favourite shows or playing your video games.
The unit is compatible with a number of devices. You can hook it up to your TV, PlayStation, smartphone, soundbar, and other devices.
When it comes to the video settings, there are different modes to choose from, but we found the standard to be the most appropriate, especially for movies.
The only upsetting thing is that to have a good experience, and the room has to be dim or dark. Although the 2000 lumens that the unit renders are quite something, they won’t be very useful in a lit environment. But in the dark, the brilliance will be good, and the pictures will be vivid.
When you crank up the volume on some projectors, the sound gets distorted. Fortunately, that’s not the case with the PVO Portable Projector. You can increase the volume to the top level, and the sound will still be great. The only situation in which it’s necessary to use external speakers is when you want more volume or bass.
Our only complaint is that the remote doesn’t come with batteries, but for something going for just over 50, the issue is trivial.
- Compatible with numerous devices.
- Small and lightweight.
- Simple and hassle-free set-up.
- Good brightness in the dark.
RAGU Z498 Mini Projector
- 【Fast & Stable 2.4G/5G WiFi & Bluetooth Connection】The projector is equipped with the latest 5G wifi, it allows you to play mobile games synchronously with ultra-low latency, and watch your favorite sports live broadcast in real time! The built-in Bluetooth function makes it very convenient to connect the projector to your wireless headphones, speakers, headphones and other audio devices, which is very convenient.
- 【Native 1080P Resolution】The projector provides sharp and detailed HD images. It brings wider color gamut, sharp and detailed images than other 1080P projector, the best choice for cost-effective projectors, the first choice for creating your private theater.
- 【Wide Compatibility】This projector has HDMI/USB/AV interface, it easily connects with TV box, Amazon Stick TV, Chromecast, PC, laptop, tablet, external speakers, playstation, Xbox, DVD player, card reader, USB stick, media players, iPad, iPhone, android smartphone.
- 【Business Presentation】The 1080P projector can play Microsoft Office & Adobe PDF files directly from your USB stick and view them on the projector. While other projectors only support text format and need to connect the projector to a laptop/pc.
- 【Professional Support】This 1080P projector is very suitable for home movie entertainment, backyard, games and party fun. We provides 3-year repair, lifetime professional technical support.
Now, we are on the 12th product of our best projectors under $100 review. From the great picture clarity and wide compatibility to the awesome sound quality without noise, the reasons are endless why picking the RAGU Z498 Mini Projector would be a brilliant move.
The first thing you’ll possibly notice when you get the little device is how well it is made. It features a glossy dark finish and looks really elegant. It’s not something you’ll be shy to keep in your living room, office, or anywhere else.
And it’s not just about great looks. The unit also looks sturdy and seems like something that will last a good while.
Again, you’ll see that it is really small and easy to move from place to place. You can carry it in your bag and take it anywhere with you.
When it comes to compatibility, this is one of the top projectors. You can hook it to your PC, fire stick, camera, gaming device, DVD player, iPad, iPhone, android phone, and many other devices.
For those who hate the fan sounds that most projectors have, this right here is the innovation you’ve been waiting for. Finally, something that will allow you to enjoy what you’re watching peacefully without hearing annoying fan sounds.
Note, the noise is not totally absent; it’s just so low that it’s unlikely to disturb you.
Lack of colour correctness is another issue with projectors. But again, something you won’t be dealing with when using this unit. One of the unit’s top benefits is that the colours stay true. And the pictures are high-quality and clear.
The only problem you’re likely to notice is that the power cable is very short, measuring just about 5 feet. You might need to use an extension cable.
Aside from that, everything else seems faultless.
- Elegant design with a good finish.
- Noise is kept to a minimum.
- Great and sharp images with a screen size of up to 100 inches.
- Good sound quality.
- Nice carry case.
Auking Affordable Projector 2021
- ★【AuKing 2023 Upgraded Projector】With latest 7500 Lumens and 1080p Full HD resolution supported, AuKing portable projector brings you a clear and sharp detailed images. Adopted the latest color reproduction technology, every details on the screen is accurately restored to ensure a real and color-vibrant viewing effect.
- ★【Huge Screen & Long Bulb Life】170 inch large projection screen brings an immersive viewing experience. AuKing portable projector provides a 30~170 inches projection size with 3.2ft to 16.4ft projection distance. Use it for more than 15 years due to the powerful cooling system cools the heat of bulb effectively, extending the lamp's life up to 55,000 hours. More durable than previous models.
- ★【Low Noise & Dual Stereo Speakers】Thanks to advanced noise reduction technology, the fan noise of AuKing Upgraded phone projector is reduced by 80%. Built-in dual stereo speakers provide you with loud and crystal clear sound quality. Connecting to external speakers will achieve a higher sound quality If you want.
- ★【Multiple Devices Connection & Portable】Our portable movie projector is fit for playing videos, photo sharing, football matches, etc. Equipped with HDMI, VGA, AV, and USB interfaces, it can be perfectly connected to smartphones, laptops, pads, USB drives, and TV boxes to enjoy big games. ★★★When connecting with phone, an extra HDMI adapter is needed to be purchased separately. Due to copyright of Apps, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc. can only play via TV Stick, Roku, etc.★★★
- ★【2 Year Satisfied Warranty】AuKing team offers every customer 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If you have any problems while using it, please feel free to contact us. Please rest assured that we also have 2-year warranty. Not recommended for PPT, or business presentation, it is a home theater projector. Just feel free to enjoy a fun outdoor home theater.
Let’s get one thing straight. This is not a cinema-experience unit that will bring the theatre experience to your home, letting you watch movies even with the lights on. But that doesn’t mean it has nothing to offer.
For a great experience on ‘movie night’ at your home, and without incurring too many expenses, the Mini Projector 2020 will be a great companion.
As long as the room is dark, you will enjoy great picture quality.
If you were to try and find a TV set or a projector that renders true 1080P picture quality for less than 300 bucks, you’d probably search for months or years.
Even though this unit’s internal LCD doesn’t actually render 1080P quality, the picture quality you’re going to enjoy on your wall/background will be very close to 1080P resolution. The images will not be crisp as those of a movie theatre, but you’ll appreciate how sharp the images are, especially considering this device goes for less than 100.
Compatibility is yet another factor that makes this unit so worth your money. You can connect it to a Blu-ray player, and thus enjoy your favorite movies on a large screen.
Moreover, you can connect it to your mobile devices and even to TV and soundbar.
When you order this unit, you’re provided with the cables needed for connecting to different devices. You’re also given a free tripod to support the unit. The tripod is not crappy as others that some projectors come with.
- Durable LED bulb – no need to keep purchasing halogen bulbs.
- It can connect to HDMI, microSD, VGA, and USB.
- Tiny and easy to handle.
- Comes with a tripod.
GooDee LED Pico Projecto
- [Portable Design] GooDee's most popular Mini projector is small in size ( 5. 3*3. 9*2. 36 inches/0. 59 lbs), equal a 6.5-inch smartphone, unique design makes it easier to take to anywhere.
- [Rich Interfance] This compact video projector is equipped with multiple ports for ease of use, including HDMI, USB, Micro SD card, audio and AV interface. You can also show the photos and videos on a USB flash drive, firestick or micro SD. Use an HDMI Adaptor to project your smartphone easily(not include).
- [Flexible Projection] GooDee home theater projector supports 1920*1080 resolution with 30,000 hours long term lamp life. Offer 20-60inches project size and 0. 8M-2.0M projection distance, giving you a clear frame and a projection size of up to 60 inches. Best gift for your family & friend, also popular with children!
- [Easy Setup & Built-in Speaker] Just plug in & play. GooDee Mini movie projector is easy to use. Built-in powerful speaker can deliver a clear sound which will meet your daily needs, such as play movies and games also inspire children learning interest.
- [No worry ] GooDee provides 18 months for the projector. If you're not completely satisfied with the order, please contact us via Amazon and you'll be offered a refund or replacement alternatively within the first 2 months. Absolutely risk -free purchase for you!
For a small and cute projector that is straightforward to use without all the fussy features, get the GooDee Mini Projector.
The tiny size and cute design of this unit allow you to take wherever you like. It features white and blue colours with brown buttons and looks truly nice.
But the ultimate reason why this unit is such an ideal pick is that it’s offered at a bargain price. You get to enjoy relatively great quality without parting with too much money.
Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you’ll find this little machine easy to use. It’s a plug-and-play unit that you connect to the power and start using without having to deal with complex features and settings.
The device can be connected to a wide range of media items, including a TV, microSD, PlayStation, external speaker, computer, and more. And in all cases, it’s plug and play.
As you can see in its pictures, there aren’t many controls on there. The focus control is at the right and to adjust the focus, all you got to do is move it up and down.
In fact, because of the ease of use, this unit would be a good selection if you’re intending to give it to a kid.
What about the picture quality? Well, the pictures are not full HD clear as with expensive TVs, but it’s still decent and there’s no ghosting if you keep within 100 inches and below (screen size).
The built-in speaker’s sound also isn’t all that great and it might be necessary to connect a speaker.
Nonetheless, for a projector that costs just about 50 bucks, these issues aren’t a deal-breaker.
- Simplistic, no-fuss unit.
- Easy to use.
- Nice design.
- Versatile – supports HDMI, USE, microSD, etc.
Acrojoy Portable Mini Projector
- 【1080P Full HD Resolution Supported】: ACROJOY portable projector supports resolution 1920*1080P, aspect ratio 4:3/16:9, contrast ratio of 10000:1 and ±15° keystone correction. The projector is built by MStar advanced color engine and the latest 7-layer LCD lens (+80% brightness than similar projectors), which is a brilliant choice for home or outdoors.
- 【5G+2.4G Dual-band WiFi】: This mini projector is equipped with latest 5G WiFi technology. You can not only get a more stable WiFi experience with 2.4G network, but also achieve the advantages of faster transmission and wider efficiency with added 5G WiFi. ★★NOTE: Due to copyrighted issue, some videos from Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and similar services CAN NOT be directly mirrored over phone, please play these contents by inserting a TV stick into the projector.
- 【Bluetooth 5.1 & Built-in HiFi Stereo Speaker】: Bluetooth projector has a faster-connecting speed, higher connecting stability, and longer transmission distance due to the Bluetooth 5.1 technology. What’s more, the built-in stereo two speakers feature SRS sound system, which provide a great auditory sense experience! ★★NOTE: Bluetooth function only send the audio signal to external Bluetooth speakers; Unable to pair the projector with phone/PC.
- 【Connect to Multiple Devices】: This projector with wifi and bluetooth enables to connect TV Stick / Laptop / DVD / PS5 / Xbox via HDMI input; Connect to PC via VGA jack; Connect TV/ video devices via AV input. Connect microSD via TF input; Connect U disk via USB input. ★★USB connectivity only works for certain flash formats and not directly from phone. Perfect for playing videos, TV shows, sports events, and sharing photos.
- 【Tripod Included & Lifetime Technical Support】: ACROJOY movie projector comes with a tripod, which is easy to install and will make the projection more stable. Meanwhile, ACROJOY provides lifetime technical support for projectors. Please feel free to contact our professional support team for any question or concern.
The Acrojoy Portable Mini Projector is a great upgrade from the previous Jinhoo mini projection versions. For the size and the quality of the picture offered, this unit is a pretty good projector.
Plus, it supports Wifi connectivity and can be connected to any media device that uses Wifi. Although you can also use adapter cables to connect to your mobile devices, Wifi makes it so much easier and makes it unnecessary to buy the adapters.
The process of setting up the Wifi connection for both Android and iOS is rather easy compared to other projectors we’ve come across, and besides, the guide has pretty helpful info on that.
When it comes to picture clarity, there are three things you need to consider. The contrast ratio, the illuminance, and the resolution.
With a contrast ratio of 2000:1, the projector is able to separate between light and dark colours efficiently, thereby making the images sharp.
As for the illuminance, you get 2800 lumens. That means that your images look bright and colours remain true. For optimal performance, turn off the lights.
The unit’s resolution is 840 by 480. While that might not seem like much, the high contrast ratio and illuminance make up for the quality. Besides, for a unit costing less than 100, the resolution is not bad.
And do you know something amazing? The unit is pretty quiet. Its fan runs a lot more quietly than most other projectors out there.
For a small and lightweight unit that you can take anywhere, go for the palm-sized Jinhoo 2020.
- Support Wifi connection.
- Super easy to set up.
- Fan is pretty quiet.
- Good image quality.
Projector Under 100 Buying Guide for Beginners
Projectors are increasingly becoming affordable, giving people an opportunity to own them to a greater extent. But still, it is important to know exactly what features to look for or what factors to consider to ensure you get the right one.
The following considerations will help you choose Top quality projector under 100.
Compatibility with other devices
How are you planning to use the projector? Are you hoping to watch movies with it and play games at times? How about connecting to an external sound device?
These questions will help you get the best projectors under 100.
It’s advisable to go for a versatile option that allows you to connect to a variety of media gadgets, including a TV, laptop, game system like PS4, android and iOS devices, and even a fire stick.
Note that some projectors are compatible with only a few of these media, while others are compatible with all of them.
Sound and noise
While most projectors come with a built-in speaker, not all projectors have a useful speaker. Most cheap projector speakers produce a bad sound or get distorted as the volume is increased. But there are some whose sound is clear and high-quality even when the volume is up.
Another aspect to look at is the noise level. To cool down, projectors normally have a fan inside. Most units’ fans are really loud and can disrupt your movie-watching experience, but some have quiet fans that won’t cause problems.
This is possibly the main feature to look at. You don’t want a projector that creates a ghosting effect or one that gives out bad images with weird colours, right?
Be careful because if you’re going for something inexpensive, you might end up having to deal with these issues.
Look at the contrast ratio, the resolution, and the brightness to know if the picture quality is good.
For the best experience, get a unit with a 2000:1 contrast ratio.
As for the resolution, 1080P is optimal, but get one with at least 840 by 480.
The brightness is indicated by lumens or lux. At least 1500 lumens is what is bright enough to show the images clearly, even in the dark. The more lumens, the better the images. Follow this article to know the difference between lumen and lux.
If you’re hoping to be able to watch in conditions that are not totally dark, go for a model that can give at least 3000 lumens.
Note: the picture quality also depends on the background you’re using. For optimal results, use a white screen.
Portability is defined by size. The smaller the model, the more portable it is. Projectors costing less than a hundred are all within the portable range, but even then, some are more portable than others.
While some have to be carried with both hands, others can be carried with one hand.
There are even pocket-sized models that are only as big as the average smartphone.
When finding your preferred unit, you might also want to look at the general design, like the colours and shape. Other factors to think about include the zooming capability, the aspect ratio, the supported screen size, the distance of operation, and the availability of a carry bag.
What Are the Top-Rated Projector Brands on The Market?
One of the best ways of getting the best mini projector under 100 is to know the top brands in the field. By buying from the most preferred brands, you have better chance of getting something high-quality. This can be a clever move, especially when you don’t have time for too much research.
Well, here are 4 of the top-rated projector brands:
Vanko is one of the newcomers in the projectors industry, having gone into business in 2017. Even though the firm is new, it is already leading in the space, producing and selling some of the finest models in terms of quality.
But that is not the main reason that makes this brand so attractive to customers. The main reason is that even though the products are high-quality, they’re some of the least expensive in the market.
Apart from projectors, Vankyo also sells a few other electronic items, including TV boxes, projector accessories, and laptops and tablets.
Founded in 2016, Topvision is yet another new player in the market. This firm is a consumer electronics brand that has managed to grow a customer base from all over the world, thanks to their online marketing and selling prowess.
Topvision’s line of products includes projectors, nail lamps, power banks, and even drones.
DBPOWER is an international brand that focuses on digital selling. The brand is recognized worldwide as a leading producer and seller of innovative yet price-friendly consumer electronic products.
Some of the products that this company sells include drones, DVDs, action cameras, jump starters, and projectors.
Artlii is a part of miniprojectors, which, in turn, is a part of the Pricetronic Network. As a web-based comparison-shopping network, the brand is able to present consumers with products from some of the top manufacturers in the market.
Apart from that, the brand offers a superior shopping experience with a good and dedicated support team to attend to customers.
Their products include a range of projectors, including pocket-size varieties, tripod stands, and projector accessories.
Different Types of Projectors
When looking for the right projectors under $100, it’s important to know your options with regard to type. Here are the main types available.
Home cinema projectors
This is the type we gave focus to in our review. A home cinema projector is optimized for home use and comes with great picture quality as well as decent sound.
While this unit doesn’t really give you a feeling as good as what you get in a commercial theatre, it can give you a great experience, especially if you set it up correctly.
When doing presentations in the office or classroom and the space is limited, a short-throw projector is the most appropriate unit. That’s because it is able to project from a shorter distance from the screen than other projectors.
This is the type they use in auditoriums, staging, and other places where there’s a big crowd watching the presentations.
One thing about large venue units is that they combine the best features. For instance, the illuminance is at least 5000 lumens.
Also, the picture quality is normally excellent. They even have technology like RGB booster to make every colour stand out.
The lens also gives you various options, allowing you to operate a projector in short-throw or long-throw mode.
And, of course, all these features come at a cost. If you want such a projector, you might have to part with hundreds of thousands of dollars.
These are the most portable of all projectors. A pocket-size unit is no bigger than a smartphone in length, and the thickness is also kept low to accommodate the light.
Pocket-size models normally have batteries, so you can operate them without a direct connection to power.
For someone who’s planning to enjoy movies on a camping trip, a pocket-size projector would be a great thing to have, just as long as they take a white roll-out screen along.
How to Use It: Step-by-Step Guide
Although it depends on the exact model you’re using, the process of setting up and using a projector is easy. In this short guide, we’ll look at how to set up a projector and use it with a computer, DVD or Blu-ray player.
It’s all the same with the three media devices.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Start with both the computer and the projector turned off.
- Position the projector in front of the white screen, with the light facing the screen.
- Ensuring the air ventilations on the projector are not obstructed, connect the unit’s power cord to the power source.
- Look for the HDMI port on the projector as well as on the media device (computer). Connect the two ports using the HDMI cable.
- Turn on the computer if it’s off and press the “Fn” key as well as either F4, F5, F7 or F8 to change the output of video to the external monitor. Note that if you’re using a DVD or Blu-ray player, you’ll not be dealing with any such keys.
- Locate the focus ring on the projector. It’s normally at the top or the side near the light. Turn it until the image on the screen (which is coming from the computer) becomes clear.
- That was easy, wasn’t it?
- Note: the image quality on the screen will also depend on the lighting of the room. Be sure to dim the lights or turn them off to get the best experience.
Here’s a helpful how-to video:
Projector Take Care and Maintenance Tips for Longevity
A cheap projector under 100 might not sound like something that’s going to last decades. However, by taking good care of it, you can enjoy the unit for years.
Here are a few maintenance tips that will help you boost your home projector’s life.
Store it safely
There are three conditions that dramatically reduce the life of projectors – extreme heat/cold, dust, and smoke.
Hence, you want to keep your little machine in a place where it’s safe from these. The ideal place to store or operate a projector is a cool and dry place with good ventilation, especially when in use.
Clean the light glass
One of the common causes of viewing problems that didn’t exist from the very start is dust and fingerprints on the light glass. To prevent these issues, clean the glass on a regular basis.
Get a non-flammable lens cleaner and a soft microfiber towel that will not scratch the glass. Before going forward with the exercise, turn off the unit. Then, don’t pour the cleaner solution directly on the glass. Instead, dampen the towel with it and use the towel to clean the glass.
Clean the filter
The filter is located close to the fan, and its work is to ensure dust doesn’t reach the inner components. Without being cleaned regularly, the filter might accumulate too much dust that it stops working properly, and the dust gets through, damaging the inner parts of the machine.
When you get your unit, refer to the manual. It should have info on the right frequency of cleaning the filter. In most cases, this is after 200 hours of use.
If you ever notice that the filter is torn or damaged in a way that it cannot work as needed, be sure to replace it.
Don’t unplug the projector immediately
Your projector depends on the lamp to project pictures. If the lamp keeps failing, you’ll keep replacing it, and that’s an added cost. To prevent your lamp from failing too often, get a unit with LED light rather than a halogen lamp to begin with.
Then, each time you turn off the light, allow the lamp some time to cool down before unplugging the power cord. Keeping the power connected allows the fan to keep working and cool the lamp.
Note: if your unit allows, set it to economy operation. This will reduce strain on the lamp and boost its life.
Common Questions & Answers That You Need To Know
How many lumens do I need for a home projector?
Lumens are a measure of the brightness a projector’s lamp is able to give out. For a dark room, at least 1500 lumens is needed for the images to have good clarity. If you want to be able to watch movies with the lights on, get a unit with at least 2500 lumens. We discuss projector lumens in further detail in our article about how many lumens you need for your projector.
Is a projector better than a TV?
When it comes to picture quality, an HD TV is obviously better than the average projector. However, when we consider the price, a projector is way better.
You can enjoy decent pictures on a 100-inch screen using a good projector for under 100 bucks, but to enjoy good pictures using a TV, you’ll probably have to part with over 1000 bucks.
Does a projector support Wifi?
Some units come with Wifi, allowing you to connect to other devices like PCs and smartphones wirelessly over Wifi. Just check the features of the unit before buying it to ensure it supports Wifi.
Will a projector only work in dark rooms?
It depends on the features of the projector. If the machine is able to render a high degree of luminosity, the room doesn’t have to be totally dark. It could be dim, or the lights could be on as long as they are not very bright.
Nevertheless, the optimal condition for operating a projector is a dark room. That way, you’ll enjoy great picture sharpness and nice brightness.
Must I have a screen to watch movies using a projector?
No. You can use a white wall or sheet. However, for optimal results in terms of picture quality, it’s good to have a screen. And it will cost you just about 20 bucks.
Alternatively, you can buy a projector that comes with a free screen. There are a few options in the review above, such as the QKK Portable LCD Projector.
So, you may not be able to enjoy picture quality to the level that movie theatres offer, but with the best projector under 100, you’ll definitely have a wonderful watching experience at home. And, of course, that also depends on the setup. A dark room and a white screen will improve the picture quality.
When choosing your unit, the main features to look at include luminosity (lumens), resolution, and contrast ratio.
Follow the provided links in the review to ensure you get the correct product from the right seller.