William Bumpus, nicknamed William, is a lawyer aged 65 years old who is a citizen of both the United States and Britain. Though he is accomplished both as a lawyer and attorney, Bumpus is popularly known for being formerly married to Gayle King, a presenter at CBS (Columbia Broadcasting System). Bumpus was born in Britain but was able to get American citizenship as well.
William’s Features: Weight, Age, Height, etc
Bumpus’ facial features comprise short black hair and dark brown eyes. He measures 6 feet 1 inches or 185 cm in height – impressive figures, especially for someone who tows a profession as assertive as legal practice. He weighs 85kg and 187 lbs if he takes or has his measurement taken in pound units. Estimation of his body measurement reads at 42-32-37, while that of his biceps is 16 cm. William Bumpus will become 66 years of age in 2020.
William’s Family, Education, Religion and Horoscope
William was born in 1954 in England. In keeping with specifics, Bumpus was born in Greenwich, the royal borough located in South East London. He grew up in London. However, there are no revealing details regarding his parents or siblings. Bumpus left for the United States to chase his academic dreams at Central Connecticut State University. He pursued a law degree at Yale Law School sometime later and got it. His law degree set him on the path to success to which his posts as Attorney and Assistant Attorney General are both testaments. His choice of religion is Christianity. William’s zodiac sign as per the readings of the horoscope is unknown.
William’s Career, Style and Fashion
After graduating from Yale in 1980, William’s first kick as a professional lawyer was his appointment as Connecticut’s assistant attorney general. However, William wanted to work in the capacity of a civil attorney, so he abandoned his position as assistant attorney general to go to work directly with the government. There he became Connecticut’s Assistant Attorney Prosecutor for criminals. Just as one gets to go to a higher level after passing an examination, William got a promotion to serve as an attorney tasked with standing in for DCF in court cases that involved Children Abuse and Neglect. Currently, he has carved a niche for himself in the sector of Termination of Parental Rights.
Below is a comprehensive tabled summary of William Bumpus’ biography:
|His Name||William Bumpus|
|Place of Birth||Greenwich, South East London, England|
|Colour of Eyes||Dark Brown|
|Colour of Hair||Black|
|Weight||187 lbs when measured in pounds 85 kg when measured in kilograms|
|Height||6’1” when measured in feet and inches185 cm when measured in centimetres|
|Nationality||He is both British and American|
|Home Town||London, England|
|Name of Father||Unknown|
|Name of Mother||Unknown|
|College||Central Connecticut State UniversityYale Law School (arranged chronologically)|
|Choice of Profession||Legal Profession – Lawyer, Attorney and Assitant Attorney General.|
Affairs and Wife
William met the woman he married in 1981. He and Gayle King began dating in 1981. Fast forward to one year later – they were exchanging marital vows in a ceremony they kept from the public eye. Their union produced two children: a daughter by the name of Kirby Bumpus, and a son by the name of William Bumpus Jr.
If William Bumpus had any girlfriends or affairs with someone, their names are unknown. Below is a fact sheet that may shed more light.
|Wife||Gayle King (married from 1982 – 1993)|
|Status of Marriage||Divorced|
|Children||They have one daughter named Kirby Bumpus, and one son named William Bumpus Jr.|
Even good stories must come to an end, no matter how fantastic they are. And William and Gayle’s tale ended in 1993. After staying married for eleven years, from 1982 – 1993, William and Gayle divorced.
The average income of an attorney in the United States is 141,890 dollars. That said, an approximation of William’s net income pegs it at 3 million. On the other hand, Gayle, his former partner, has a net worth that is higher than his own. An approximation of hers falls on 20 million dollars, which she amassed from her job as a magazine editor.
William’s Favorite Things
There is a list of things that William Bumpus considers to be personal favourites. Here they are:
Filling the slot of the favourite actor was Fast and Furious actor Vin Diesel. Jennifer Lawrence snags up a place as his favourite actress. William’s favourite colour is blue, and his favourite food is Mexican cuisine. For a favourite location for holidays, William picked Miami.
Intriguing Revelations about William Bumpus
- William Bumpus’ former wife, Gayle King, is best friends with renowned American talk show host, philanthropist and TV producer, Oprah Winfrey.
- The godmother of their children is none other than Oprah Winfrey, which is no surprise given that she is best friends with Gayle King, the mother of the children.
- William has more than one ancestral root from different ethnicities.
- In June of 1990, William found himself in a cheating scandal. His wife, Gayle, had gotten to know that he was having an affair with another woman. Following the scandal, Gayle filed for a divorce from him. Fast forward to 26 years later, 2016 to be exact, William acknowledged that he had indeed been having an extra-marital affair back then, and he tendered an apology to Gayle.
- Gayle King works in The Oprah Magazine, also known as O. She occupies the position of the magazine’s editor-at-large.
- William Bumpus’ daughter attended Stanford University to study Human Biology and Psychology. She graduated in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in Human Biology and Psychology. Presently, she works at Sweetgreen as their Head of Social Impact and Inclusion.
- Gayle’s father, who is also William’s – given his divorce status with Gayle – ex-father-in-law, had a career as an electrical engineer.
- William is a British national by birth. But he also holds American citizenship, which he got when he moved over to America.