Making your own radial dolly can be a fun and rewarding project. Not only will you save money, but you will also be satisfied knowing that you built it yourself. In this article, we will show you how to make a radial dolly using materials that are readily available at most hardware stores.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at what a radial dolly is, how it works, and more. This article will provide you with a lot of useful information about the radial dolly besides guiding you on how to make it. So ready to get started right now.
What Is A Radial Dolly?
- 【Scalable & Easy to Store】- This furniture dolly is telescopic base design, which can be adjusted vertically and horizontally according to the furniture size. The adjustable length of each base is 17" to 28" which can can heavy objects of different sizes, like washing machine, refrigerator, cabinet, etc. And the dolly can be stored in any corner of the room when not in use for easy removal.
- 【Easy To Use】- No complicated installation steps or tools required. Simply place the washing machine stand under the refrigerators, washing machines or other household appliances, then press down the brakes of both ends to keep steady if not use. And raise the brakes to move.
- 【Upgraded 24 Wheels】- The movable base dolly is equiped with 24 upgraded small wheels, which make the moving more smooth and stable. You can easily move heavy furniture and household appliances to clean the bottom of the them with the movable base. It's convenient for your home cleaning.
- 【Thoughtful Design】- The anti-slip pad design of the furniture mover can reduce the vibration of the machine. and the 1.6" height design avoid contact between washing machine and wet floor, not only protect the floor, but prevented corrosion and rust of furniture
- 【Durable & Sturdy】- This furniture dolly is made of made of high quality thick metal material, which is strong enough to deal with items up to 660 lb. Widely use with portable washing machines, refrigerators, closets, cabinet or other furniture.
- Fold flat design - hand truck is easily collapsible for storage at home in closets, garage cabinets, car trunks, and offices
- Adjustable height handle - squeeze the handle grips and pull to extend up to 39.4 inch
- Durable design - frame is made of aluminum and features large 5 inch
- Portable two wheel dolly - large 5 inch
- Material Type: Metal
- 💙 Upgraded Furniture Dolly - The furniture moving tool kit includes 4 oversize dollies, 1 lifting device, 4 heightening pads and 4 non-slip pads. The furniture lifting roller adopts a double-section design to increase its length and make the prying more labor-saving. Max load up to 3858lbs (1750kg).
- 💙 Easy & Safe - Heavy duty furniture mover can be used as a standing tool in the home or warehouse. It can carry most furniture, such as beds, sofas, bookshelves, pianos, cabinets, refrigerators, washing machines, and even small machinery in mobile warehouses.
- 💙 Premium High Quality - Size of furniture dolly is 6.8*6.3*2.9 inch, much bigger than other furniture dolly movers. Made of thickened metal steel, furniture dolly is much durable. There is a baffle on the edge of the furniture moving slider, which can fix the corner of the furniture when moving.
- 💙 Wide Compatibility - This heavy furniture lifter is used to move and lift any heavy objects, such as cabinets, chests of drawers, refrigerator, washing machine or other heavy furniture. It is suitable for wooden floors and ceramic tiles, which will not hurt the floor due to its rubber wheels design.
- 💙 360° Flexible Movement - 4 swivel casters for 360° rotate, more stable and flexible when moving heavy furniture.The special rubber rollers move smoothly and keep silent when moving furniture.any question please contact us, we will reply you within 24 Hrs.
- TWO MOVING SUPPLIES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE: You get a heavy duty two-wheel hand truck and four-wheel platform push cart all-in-one! It comes equipped with an anti-slip curved handle with added ergonomic double-grip handles for more carrying options.
- PACK ON MORE ITEMS AND REDUCE TRIPS: This wheeled cart can effortlessly handle loads large and small. The platform bed has a load capacity of ONE THOUSAND pounds, and the hand truck nose extension can hold loads up to SEVEN HUNDRED pounds.
- INDUSTRIAL-GRADE MATERIALS THAT'LL LAST: The frame on this hand cart is made from industrial-grade aluminum that is tough as nails. The 10-inch balloon cushion, shock absorbing & puncture resistant tires and 5-inch swivel casters will smoothly roll over any surface.
- GET GOING RIGHT AWAY: We value convenience. Thats why we packed this hand truck fully assembled. You can now avoid those frustrating minutes (that quickly turn to hours) when searching for and using the tools and screws you need to set up. You simply open the box and get moving! This will help you avoid body strains, injuries and most importantly, stress!
- IF A PART DOES BREAK, IT CAN BE REPLACED: On the rare occasion a part needs to be replaced, it’s easy to do on this folding cart with wheels. The modular design means that there are no welds to break. You can buy the part you need and replace it in seconds.
- 【ADJUSTABLE SIZE】This movable base can be adjusted from 16 inches to 24-3/8 inches, you can effortlessly roll a wide variety of furniture or appliances through your house
- 【EASY TO MOVE & FIX】Comes with the locking swivel double-wheels, the washer dolly can be easily located and stabilized. The mobile roller is made of sturdy PVC pieces and stainless-steel poles, weight limit: 400 lbs.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】 This moving dolly is almost assembled, you just need to install the connecting rod. The snap-on design allows one person to complete the installation in 5 minutes
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】This dolly can help you easily move and fix small household appliances in your home and dorm, such as mini fridge, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, etc
- 【PRODUCT PARAMETER】Height：3-7/8 inches, include: 4 sturdy PVC corner pieces, 4 sturdy stainless-steel poles, 4 locking swivel twin-wheels, 4 non-slip mats
- Constructed from lightweight, polypropylene material that won't rust or chip and is easy to clean
- Solid molded platform features a ridged non-slip surface that is ideal for moving narrow items or supporting furniture legs
- Includes two 3" swivel castors and two 3" rigid castors to allow easy movement in different directions
- Built-in carry on handle for easy positioning and makes it easy to move dolly where you need it
- Platform size is 19-1/2" x 14-1/2". Ideal for home, workshop, garage, office and more
- THE PERFECT REPLACEMENTS: AR-PRO offers the perfect solid rubber replacement tires for vehicle with about 7.8” tires that is about 2.13’’ wide (This is everything you need to replace your dolly’s wheels) like lawn mowers, hand trucks, wheelbarrows, yard trailers, dollies, trolleys, wagons, snow blowers, persuure washers, air compressors, generators, go carts, wood chippers and more – guaranteed fit!
- MADE HEAVY DUTY FROM QUALITY MATERIALS: Our tires are made from premium steel and 100% natural rubbers, it’s our job to make dependable and durable tires and we do it right! Count on AR-PRO!
- SAFETY FIRST IS OUR MOTTO: We designed this tires to be explosion proof. When and if punctured, it immediately creates an airtight seal to prevent damage, destruction and injury to the rider. Safe in any season or weather condition.
- ADDS COMFORT TO YOUR RIDE: With thick rubber that absorbs shocks (4X thicker than other brands), you won’t feel the bumps and hollows because the vehicle will glide along, protecting one from the force. Now that’s comfortable.
- U.S BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE: We respond to any questions or inquiries within 5 hours. We also provides 40 days free return/refund policy.
- 【Fold Up for Easier Storage】- This folding hand truck is easy to fold or unfold in few seconds. When not in use, the luggage cart can be fully fold up flat, more convenient to transport and storage in vehicles, under a bed, in a closet or garages.
- 【Heavy Duty & Durable】- With 6 upgraded double ball bearing wheels，the utility cart can hold up to 500 lbs capacity with stability and smooth when moving heavy goods. The thickened Steel made drawbar and durable plastic frame make the hand truck not easy to shake when pulling.
- 【Extendable Base Plate】- This folding luggage cart features an extendable loading base surface to hold larger-sized stuffs, provide you extra space to place the goods, no need to worry the box is too big.
- 【Adjustable Handle】- The telescoping handle of the luggage cart has 3 different height arbitrary switching and is 90°to 150°adjustable, you can adjust the height according to your need.
- 【Multifunctional & Widely Use】- The hand truck is suitable for shopping, business travel, cargo handling, luggage moving, outdoor carry, warehouse cargoes delivery, moving house, office daily use and so on.
- Bristles disc suit for deburring, cleaning, finishing and polishing detailed parts, tiny areas and irregular places more effectively with no scrach
- Discs Diameter 1 Inch,Shank Diameter 3mm.Package include:42pcs Bristles disc+6pcs shank,total 48pcs.
- These radial bristle brushes are ideal for jewelry making, hobby and craft, metalworking, wood carving and DIY making project.
- Mixed Grit: Green-80 grit, Blue-120 grit, Red-220 grit, Gray Blue-400 grit, Purple-600 grit, Light Green-1000 grit,Gray 2500 grit
- These detail abrasive brushes have good elasticity and toughness
- 【Durable Material】: Made of solid construction with customized plastic base plate, thickened stainless steel handle, 6 rubber casters, this folding hand truck can hold up to 500lbs capacity. To ensure stability, please place goods in the middle of the folding hand truck base and mind your speed during use, also walk slowly when you are using it on a rough road
- 【Flat Folding Design】: Weighing only 8.6 pounds, folding size: 12.40 x 17.24 x 4.53 inches, expansion size: 12.40 x 22.64 x 4.53inches. This foldable dolly cart is easy to fold or unfold in a few seconds. Thanks to a unique and innovative fold-flat design, this foldable dolly cart is convenient for carrying or easy storage in a car's trunk, under a bed, in a closet, storage rooms or garages
- 【Telescoping Handle】: The telescoping handle has three different height arbitrary switching. Lift the telescoping handle up and push the button on the handle, it can be extended from 15.35 to 34.45 inches, you can choose the proper height according to holding small or larger-sized stuff. In addition, the hand truck dolly comes with two elastic ropes, which are great for safely carrying large boxes, heavy items, luggage, groceries, etc
- 【360°Rotation Casters】: Six ageing resistance rubber casters with 360° rotation top plate, great in mechanical strength and loading capacity. You can use it as a portable collapsible dolly with wheels or a small flat dolly to move things safely
- 【Widely Used】: This lightweight dolly folding cart is suitable for shopping, business travel, cargo handling, luggage moving, outdoor carry, warehouse cargoes delivery, moving house, home delivery service, office daily use, and so on
A radial dolly is a type of camera dolly that uses a circular track to create a smooth, radial motion. This type of camera dolly is often used in video productions. It is becoming increasingly popular due to its ability to create unique shots that are impossible with traditional linear dollies.
There are a few different ways to create a radial dolly shot. The most popular and well-known method is to use a circular track, which can be either purchased or homemade.
If you decide to make your track, you will need to ensure that it is strong enough to support the weight of your camera and dolly. You will also need to ensure that the track is smooth so your camera can move freely along it.
Another popular method for creating radial dolly shots is to use a jib arm. This type of setup is often used in conjunction with a linear dolly, as it allows you to create both linear and radial motions. This is a great option if you want to be able to create both types of shots, but it can be a bit more expensive than just using a circular track.
Regardless of your method, radial dolly shots can add a lot of interest and flair to your video productions. If you are looking for a way to add some unique shots to your repertoire, then radial dollies are definitely worth considering.
What Is A Radial Dolly Used For?
A radial dolly is used to create a smooth radial motion in your shots. This is especially helpful when you want to dolly in or out on a subject.
A radial dolly is a type of camera dolly that allows the camera to move in a circular motion. It is a small, wheeled platform that can be attached to the bottom of a camera. This allows the camera to move in a radial pattern, rather than just up and down or side to side.
It is used to create a smooth, curved track for a camera or other equipment. This type of dolly can be used to film around objects or create a flowing effect with the camera. It can be used to create effects such as a dolly zoom, in which the camera moves away from or towards the subject while the lens’s focal length remains the same.
This type of dolly is often used in music videos and other productions where the camera needs to move around a central object. This can be useful for moving large pieces of furniture or creating a rotating effect in video or photography. It can also be used to move around large objects in a radial or circular manner.
This tool is used in filmmaking and video production. It allows the camera operator to move the camera in a radial pattern, rather than just up and down or side to side. This can be very useful for creating dynamic shots.
How Does A Radial Dolly Work?
A radial dolly is a wheeled support system that enables camera crews to film in tight spaces and get shots that would be otherwise impossible. A radial dolly has a wheel at each corner, which allows it to rotate in any direction. This is different from a traditional dolly, which has two wheels in the front and two in the back and can only move forwards and backward.
Radial dollies are often used in commercials and music videos, where the camera needs to move around a lot, or in movies where there are chase scenes or other activities taking place in small spaces. They can also be used for more static shots, like when filming a conversation between two people in a small room.
Radial dollies are not easy to use, and it takes practice to get smooth shots with them. They are also more expensive than traditional dollies, so they are not always an option for small productions. However, if you need to get creative and get shots that would be impossible with a traditional dolly, a radial dolly is the way to go.
When Do You Need To Use A Radial Dolly?
A radial dolly is most often used to create a smooth, uninterrupted track for a camera or other piece of equipment. This can be especially important when creating a shot that moves in or around a character or object.
By using a radial dolly, you can help to ensure that the movement looks natural and doesn’t call attention to the track itself. It can be especially handy when you are shooting in a tight space or on uneven ground. They are often used in music videos and commercials.
A radial dolly is a way to go if you need to create a smooth, curved tracking shot. They are also great for getting low-angle shots, or shots that would be difficult to get with a traditional camera dolly. There are a few instances when you might need to use a radial dolly.
Additionally, in case you are filming a scene that takes place on a curved or circular surface, then you will need to use a radial dolly in order to get the perfect shot. This dolly allows you to move around the curved surface while keeping the camera in the same spot. This is perfect for shots that require a lot of movement and gives you the ability to capture all the action.
Or if you are filming a scene with a lot of people in it and you need to get a wide shot, then you will need to use a radial dolly. This is perfect for shots that need to capture the energy of a large group of people. This type of dolly allows you to move the camera around the perimeter of the crowd while still getting a clear shot of everyone.
Some Notes When Using The Radial Dolly
There are a few things to keep in mind when using a radial dolly. First, make sure that the dolly is set up correctly. This means that the wheels should be parallel to each other and perpendicular to the camera. If the dolly is not set up correctly, it can cause the camera to veer off course.
Second, be sure to practice using the dolly before you attempt to use it on a shoot. This will help you get a feel for how it works and ensure that you are comfortable using it. Finally, always make sure that the dolly is properly secured before you begin moving it. This will help prevent any accidents from happening.
When used correctly, a radial dolly can be a great way to create smooth, uninterrupted camera movement. Just be sure to set it up correctly and practice using it before you attempt to use it on a shoot.
How To Make A Radial Dolly Step-By-Step
First, you must prepare enough materials and tools before starting. Here we have a list of all necessary things for you to refer to.
- High-grit sandpaper
- Ruler or a straight edge
- Circular saw
- Construction adhesive
- 1-inch hole saw
- Cordless drill
- Paint or a sealant
Step 1: Plan the Design of Your Dolly
Before you start cutting any wood, you must first plan your radial dolly’s design. Sketch a basic design or use a computer program to help you with the dimensions. Once you have the dimensions down, you can begin gathering your materials.
Step 2: Cut the Pieces for Your Dolly
Cut the pieces for your dolly according to your dimensions using a circular saw. Be sure to sand down the edges of each piece with high-grit sandpaper so that they are smooth.
Step 3: Assemble the Pieces of Your Dolly
Begin assembling the pieces of your dolly by attaching the stiles to the sides of the plywood base. Use construction adhesive to attach the stiles, drill pilot holes, and screw them in place.
Step 4: Cut a Hole for the Wheel
Use a 1-inch hole saw to cut a hole in the center of your dolly base. This is where the wheel will go. If your dolly has a handle, make sure to cut the hole in the center.
Step 5: Paint or Seal Your Dolly
Once the hole is cut, you can then paint or seal your dolly. This will help protect it from the elements and keep it looking good for years to come.
There you have it! Now you know how to make a radial dolly. This project is simple and only requires a few materials. Plus, it is a great way to get those wheels rolling!
How To Use A Radial Dolly Step-By-Step
Radial dollies can be a great way to get some extra distance out of your shots, and they are not too difficult to use. In this guide, we will show you how to set up and use a radial dolly step by step.
Step 1: Put Dolly On A Level Surface
To start, place your tripod in the center of the radial dolly. Make sure the legs are locked in place and that the tripod is level. Then, extend the arms of the radial dolly until they reach the edge of your frame. Make sure the dolly is on a level surface. If it is not, the camera will wobble, and your shots will be shaky.
Step 2: Mount Camera On
Next, mount your camera on the dolly. A radial dolly is a great way to get smooth, gliding shots. In order to use it, you will need to set it up on a level surface and then mount your camera on it. You will need to use a tripod or other support to keep the camera steady.
Step 3: Start Shooting
Now it is time to start shooting. For each shot, rotate the radial dolly around the tripod a little bit. This will give you a slightly different angle and help you avoid repeating yourself.
Step 4: Move It Around In A Circle
Once the camera is mounted, you can start moving it around in a circle. Start slowly at first, and then increase the speed as you get comfortable with the dolly. As you move the camera, keep your shots smooth by keeping your hands steady and avoiding sudden movements.
When you are finished, simply dismount the camera and fold up the dolly. It is that easy! Once you have all the shots you need, simply collapse the radial dolly and pack it up. And that is all there is to using a radial dolly! With just a little bit of practice, you will be able to get some great results.
Advantages And Disadvantages When Making And Using Radial Dolly
- Easy to use
- Compact size
- Multiple uses
- Increased production rates
- Increased quality of production
- Reduced costs
- Increased safety
- Increased flexibility
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased lifespan of tools
- Greater accuracy
- Enhanced performance
- It can be difficult to get the dolly perfectly round.
- The dolly might not be perfectly balanced, which could make it difficult to move.
- It can be tricky to keep the radial motion consistent when filming.
- You need a lot of space to set up a radial dolly shot.
- It can be time-consuming to set up a radial dolly shot.
- The dolly creates a lot of noise, which can be disruptive and annoying.
- It can be difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
- The radial dolly is bulky and takes up a lot of space.
- It can be expensive to purchase or rent.
- You need to have a strong arm to use it effectively.
Are There Any Alternative Options For A Radial Dolly?
There are definitely alternative options for a radial dolly. One option is to use a pipe or some other cylindrical object as the main shaft and then attach smaller wheels or rollers to it. Another option is to build a simple frame out of wood or metal and then attach either small wheels or skateboard bearings to the frame.
Whichever option you choose, make sure that the materials you use are strong and durable enough to support the weight of your camera and any other equipment you might be using.
Some Tips For Using A Radial Dolly Effectively
A radial dolly effect can be created by filming from a stationary position and rotating the camera around the subject. This can be done with a regular camera or a motion-controlled system.
Use A Wide Lens
When using a radial dolly, it is important to use a wide lens in order to create a more dramatic effect. This will help emphasize the dolly’s movement and create a more powerful visual impact.
Tight Camera Level Balance
It is important to keep the camera level when using a radial dolly. It is also important to keep the camera’s field of view centered on the subject. Tilting the camera will create an unbalanced look in the final video.
Avoid Shaking Camera
Use a tripod or mount your camera on a solid surface to avoid any camera shake. This will help to keep the shot stable and create a more realistic effect.
Try Different Speeds
Experiment with different speeds to create different effects. Slower speeds will create a more fluid effect, while faster speeds will create a more jarring effect.
Add Extra Effects
When editing, be sure to add in any additional effects that you want to create, such as sound effects or visual effects. With a little creativity, you can create some truly amazing radial dolly shots!
Use A Tripod With A Fluid Head
To create smooth radial dolly shots, it is best to use a tripod with a fluid head. This will allow you to make small adjustments to the camera’s position without jostling the frame.
Consider The Background
It is also important to consider the background when setting up a radial dolly shot. A busy background can be distracting and take away from the effect of the rotating camera. Choose a background that is simple and uncluttered.
Practice Before Attempting
Finally, be sure to practice before attempting a radial dolly shot on actual subjects. This will help you get a feel for how the camera moves and how to keep it level. You can create smooth, professional-looking radial dolly shots with a little practice.
With these tips in mind, you will be able to create stunning shots using a radial dolly. Just remember to have fun and experiment to see what looks best for your project.
Make Some Q&As Together
Q: What can you use a radial dolly for?
A: Radial dollies can be used for various purposes, including moving heavy items and helping with the stability of your vehicle. When using a radial dolly, make sure that all four wheels are in contact with the ground at all times. This will help to ensure stability and reduce the risk of accidents. Additionally, always use caution when operating a radial dolly around children or pets.
Q: What type of camera equipment can be used with a radial dolly?
A: A radial dolly can be used with a wide variety of camera equipment, including DSLRs, video cameras, and smartphones. In terms of lenses, a radial dolly can be used with anything from a wide-angle lens to a telephoto lens.
A tripod is typically needed for DSLRs to keep the camera steady while shooting. For video cameras, a monopod or tripod can be used, depending on the weight and size of the camera.
Q: What size should the radius be for my radial dolly?
A: The radius of the radial dolly should be at least as large as the widest object you will be moving. For example, if you are moving a stack of boxes that is 3 feet wide, you will need a radial dolly with a radius of at least 3 feet.
Q: Can I use a skateboard as part of my radial dolly build?
A: Yes, a skateboard can be used as part of a radial dolly build, but it is important to make sure that the skateboard is in good condition and that all of the screws and bolts are tightened properly.
The radial dolly is a great way to move large or heavy objects without having to strain yourself. It can be made with simple materials that you may already have lying around your house and is easy to put together. If you need to move something big and don’t want to hassle with trying to carry it, give the radial dolly a try – you will be glad you did! Besides, learning how to make a radial dolly also helps you save a not small amount.
Hope you like this article.
Thanks for reading to the end, and see you again.